Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chandler, az
    Posts
    30

    Trane replacement compressors at united ref.?

    Hey guys,

    I need to replace two residential trane compressors,
    30,000btu and A 42,000btu.

    I know united doesn't sell trane compressors but I see in there catalog they carry a brand called Manureop inc, MTZ line, that are direct replacement compressors that also have the rotolock on them.

    Has anybody used these? How do you like them?

    The costumer is also looking for a possible cheaper route, what do you think braze in a Copeland?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    354

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Supertech_newb View Post
    Hey guys,

    I need to replace two residential trane compressors,
    30,000btu and A 42,000btu.

    I know united doesn't sell trane compressors but I see in there catalog they carry a brand called Manureop inc, MTZ line, that are direct replacement compressors that also have the rotolock on them.

    Has anybody used these? How do you like them?

    The costumer is also looking for a possible cheaper route, what do you think braze in a Copeland?
    HEY SUPER TECH, IT'S HARD TO SAY I never had a customer who was looking for a CHEAPER route. good luck though!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    235
    The trane comp can't be much more than what your gonna pay for something that may or may not work ! If a certain part is available for a specific unit why not use it (factory part). Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Just East of West
    Posts
    29
    Trane compressors are sized for Trane equipment, if you put a 10 ton copeland in place of a 10 ton trane that copeland compressor will fail, check the BTU ratings of the Trane compressors in the specs against other manufactures and you will see a difference..best to stick with OEM...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertech_newb View Post
    Hey guys,

    I need to replace two residential trane compressors,
    30,000btu and A 42,000btu.

    I know united doesn't sell trane compressors but I see in there catalog they carry a brand called Manureop inc, MTZ line, that are direct replacement compressors that also have the rotolock on them.

    Has anybody used these? How do you like them?

    The costumer is also looking for a possible cheaper route, what do you think braze in a Copeland?
    Repipe in a Tecumseh recip if they want cheap

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    5,312
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    Repipe in a Tecumseh recip if they want cheap
    I got a copeland scroll in my backyard he can have for 30 bucks.

    Dirt cheap, and by dirt, I mean the lines are open and laying in the dirt.


    OEM FTW.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertech_newb View Post
    Hey guys,

    I need to replace two residential trane compressors,
    30,000btu and A 42,000btu.

    I know united doesn't sell trane compressors but I see in there catalog they carry a brand called Manureop inc, MTZ line, that are direct replacement compressors that also have the rotolock on them.

    Has anybody used these? How do you like them?

    The costumer is also looking for a possible cheaper route, what do you think braze in a Copeland?
    I've put in a lot of Manureop compressors in Tranes, never had a problem. You can braze in a Copeland and it will also cool fine, you may not get 10 or 20 years out of it but the customer will feel good for a while becaused they saved some money upfront. They may be crying again next year.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Palm Beach,Fl.
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac222 View Post
    Trane compressors are sized for Trane equipment, if you put a 10 ton copeland in place of a 10 ton trane that copeland compressor will fail, check the BTU ratings of the Trane compressors in the specs against other manufactures and you will see a difference..best to stick with OEM...
    While I agree that OEM is best, the rest of this statement is inaccurate. Trane has used Copeland and Trane compressors in the same model unit throughout the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    The laws of physics know no brand names.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,423
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    While I agree that OEM is best, the rest of this statement is inaccurate. Trane has used Copeland and Trane compressors in the same model unit throughout the years.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

    Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event