Trane replacement compressors at united ref.?

Hey guys,

I need to replace two residential trane compressors,
    30,000btu and A 42,000btu.

I know united doesn't sell trane compressors but I see in there catalog they carry a brand called Manureop inc, MTZ line, that are direct replacement compressors that also have the rotolock on them.

Has anybody used these? How do you like them?

The costumer is also looking for a possible cheaper route, what do you think braze in a Copeland?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Supertech_newb View Post
    Hey guys,

I know united doesn't sell trane compressors but I see in there catalog they carry a brand called Manureop inc, MTZ line, that are direct replacement compressors that also have the rotolock on them.

The costumer is also looking for a possible cheaper route, what do you think braze in a Copeland?
    HEY SUPER TECH, IT'S HARD TO SAY I never had a customer who was looking for a CHEAPER route. good luck though!

The trane comp can't be much more than what your gonna pay for something that may or may not work ! If a certain part is available for a specific unit why not use it (factory part). Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole !

Trane compressors are sized for Trane equipment, if you put a 10 ton copeland in place of a 10 ton trane that copeland compressor will fail, check the BTU ratings of the Trane compressors in the specs against other manufactures and you will see a difference..best to stick with OEM...

Hey guys,

Repipe in a Tecumseh recip if they want cheap

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    Repipe in a Tecumseh recip if they want cheap
    I got a copeland scroll in my backyard he can have for 30 bucks.

Dirt cheap, and by dirt, I mean the lines are open and laying in the dirt.

OEM FTW.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Hey guys,

I've put in a lot of Manureop compressors in Tranes, never had a problem. You can braze in a Copeland and it will also cool fine, you may not get 10 or 20 years out of it but the customer will feel good for a while becaused they saved some money upfront. They may be crying again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac222 View Post
    Trane compressors are sized for Trane equipment, if you put a 10 ton copeland in place of a 10 ton trane that copeland compressor will fail, check the BTU ratings of the Trane compressors in the specs against other manufactures and you will see a difference..best to stick with OEM...
    While I agree that OEM is best, the rest of this statement is inaccurate. Trane has used Copeland and Trane compressors in the same model unit throughout the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post
    The laws of physics know no brand names.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaDave View Post
    While I agree that OEM is best, the rest of this statement is inaccurate. Trane has used Copeland and Trane compressors in the same model unit throughout the years.
    Make your expertise uniquely valuable.

Make your influence uniquely far-reaching.