Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the reason for not selling to non dealers is quality control & wishy washy companys who will sell any brand. you cannot maintain high standards by selling to any contractor. american standard distributors seem to do a good job screening potential dealers & will cut them loose should they not do good work & make customers happy.
    american standard products are the top shelf elite of the industry & i see no reason why they should risk tarnishing there reputation & risking a customers satisfaction by selling to a contractor that isnt commited to excellence & proud to sell american standard

I'm a Frigidaire dealer and I am impressed with the systems. As far as being "flimsy", well, I disagree. They are a good unit (especially air handlers) and the outdoor unit cabinets protect the coil.
    As far as reliability and numbers(remember I am a small dealer)..I have installed 30 Frigidaire systems with 0 call backs. I have installed 3 Trane systems (American Standard) with 1 call back. Can you say reliable? I am not brand bashing, just giving the nubers I have...and defending the brand I install
    SRJ

i agree rademan, raping he contractor for parts is wrong. that really hits a nerve with me allso

I'm a Westinghouse dealer and I'm very happy with the product. I've been on the Nordyne factory tour and was very impressed. I have had a couple problems, but Nordyne was very quick to take care of them. I've had Westinghouse system in my home for 3 years and had no problems whatsoever. I've installed several 16 seer r-410 systems and they are great, the condensers are so quiet, you can hardly hear them from 10 feet away. I do see your point about the flimsyness though, I wish they would use a little heavier gauge metal on the cabinets.

I think they are an excellent 2nd line. dependable. And I agree with compressors being noisy, but never seem to have problems other than that. Cabinets could be heavier but never had an issue with that either. If it wasn't for Trane I would have one in my house.

Nice to know Iam in such good company.

Where were you guys when I posted "who sells Nordyne?".

Thanks everyone,
    Between everybodys comments and starting the first of two changeouts to Westinghouse today ,I feel better about them.
    The unit did not crumble in my hands, it made the trip into the attic just fine and all is going well.

A new question, 16 seer westinghouse heatpump, internally equalized TXV. 16 seer straight A/C, Externally equallized TXV. Both 4 Ton.
    Why not external equalized on both TXVs?
    Thank David

I was the number one Philco dealer in Dallas until the supply house got bought out. Or I would still be selling them. In my experence Trane and American Standard have far more problems and freon leaks than just about any other unit i have serviced. So as far as them being an "elite" system, it is not what I have found to be. I would (and have) install a Nordyne product in my own home before I would a Trane or American Standard. Of the 10 years that I have been installing Nordyne I have yet to have a leak in either a cond. or evap. coil. Can't say that for Trane. I have serviced and found many leaks in Trane coils less than 5 years old. This is simpley my experience and not trying to cut down any brand or any person that has responded here.
    As far as warranty goes Nordyne has never questioned a return no matter who tries to claim the warrany. I have had bad luck getting any kind of warranty out of Trane other than the 5/1 year. Even though they advertise ten year warranties, which is very misleading.
    Me:here's your invoice. The total is $$.. Customer:Oh would you check...while your here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12