SMAN3 clamps grrrr

I have broken 2 clamps that came with my gauges so far. once i had one clamped on a suction line, walked away came back in about 5 mins and it was shattered at the mid section joint. The other time i had just placed it down on my truck and it shattered in the same section.

I noticed that the spring tension on these clamps are very high, probably not a good idea on plastic, even though it is pretty thick.

any one else have any problems with them so far?? is field piece going to be changing this design?

i got them both warranted but when my one year is up i dont want/feel i should have to pay for new ones every time this happens.

Besides that,I really love this tool, it helps me out every time i use them!

I purchased the clamps that go on the larger lines and they seem to work better, I think it is part number AC-3

Quote Originally Posted by 10phaseadapter View Post
    I have broken 2 clamps that came with my gauges so far. once i had one clamped on a suction line, walked away came back in about 5 mins and it was shattered at the mid section joint. The other time i had just placed it down on my truck and it shattered in the same section.

I noticed that the spring tension on these clamps are very high, probably not a good idea on plastic, even though it is pretty thick.

any one else have any problems with them so far?? is field piece going to be changing this design?

i got them both warranted but when my one year is up i dont want/feel i should have to pay for new ones every time this happens.

Besides that,I really love this tool, it helps me out every time i use them!
    There was a couple batches that left with the SMAN that had a bad batch of plastic. Too much die was put in which weakened the plastic on some of the clamps. Email me your address and I will send new clamps out today. fppm2@fieldpiece.com. Thanks!

-Russ

hey thanks a ton Russ!!! i just sent you an email. i really appreciate it!!!!

i have not had problem with clams yet but i have retuned two different gazes because the values quite working.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    There was a couple batches that left with the SMAN that had a bad batch of plastic. Too much die was put in which weakened the plastic on some of the clamps. Email me your address and I will send new clamps out today. fppm2@fieldpiece.com. Thanks!

-Russ
    RUSS I HAVE ONE CLAMP BROKE AFTER 2 WEEK OF SERVICE.

Quote Originally Posted by hdoughvac View Post
    RUSS I HAVE ONE CLAMP BROKE AFTER 2 WEEK OF SERVICE.
    Yours shipped out today Doug. Sorry for inconvenience. Thanks for being patient and let me know if you need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Yours shipped out today Doug. Sorry for inconvenience. Thanks for being patient and let me know if you need anything else.
    Thanks Russ for fast service.

Quote Originally Posted by kenlaf View Post
    i have not had problem with clams yet but i have retuned two different gazes because the values quite working.
    I don't eat clams and returning gazes gets me in trouble
    Yes, I've seen that before and it doesn't mean I like it.

wow is all i can say about this field piece customer service. Just got my new clamps today!!!

thank you so much Russ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 10phaseadapter View Post
    wow is all i can say about this field piece customer service. Just got my new clamps today!!!

thank you so much Russ!!!!
    Thanks! We may make mistakes every now and again and all we can do is try and fix it as fast as possible and get you up and running as fast as possible.