Wire color code for defrost

Hi,
    As evident from the pics I had a bit of a problem. I replaced the burnt out board with CNT05001 (21c140501G45). My problem is I'm not sure what wire goes in what hole on the block.
    All help appreciated,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sorry, no DIY
    Everything you need to know is on the wiring diagram in the unit.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mikeBay View Post
    Hi,
    As evident from the pics I had a bit of a problem. I replaced the burnt out board with CNT05001 (21c140501G45). My problem is I'm not sure what wire goes in what hole on the block.
    All help appreciated,
    Mike
    what the heck cooked that board! wow,not good! smoked,fried,

I'd be getting a tech out there to figure out what fried it in the first place.
    That ain't some low voltage spike frying a few circuits.
    Safer is usually better than sorry, and hurts a lot less.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stonewallred View Post
    I'd be getting a tech out there to figure out what fried it in the first place.
    That ain't some low voltage spike frying a few circuits.
    Safer is usually better than sorry, and hurts a lot less.
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    Sorry, no DIY
    Everything you need to know is on the wiring diagram in the unit.
    If it was I wouldn't be here. When the board burnt up it destroyed the connector block so what I have is 8 single wires, just trying to find out which wire goes into what position on the new block on the board. That diagram isn't on the original schematics.
    Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by thes View Post
    what the heck cooked that board! wow,not good! smoked,fried,
    Thanks,
    Contactor coil shorted then went on to fry the defrost board. Replaced contactor now all is well.
    Mike

If it was I wouldn't be here. Thanks anyway.
    Actually it is.
    Between the outdoor unit and the indoor unit, every question you asked, had an answer.
    Which goes to show why we don't do DIY here.
    Because case in point, your contactor coil is LV.
    It did not fry your board.
    So now you have replaced a part.
    Hopefully the next time the same issues arises, it only fries the board again, and doesn't catch your house on fire and kill you and your family.

Me?
    I don't try to save a few bucks by fixing my brakes myself.
    Me and my family is worth far more than the few dollars I spend having a trained professional fix them for me.

So the contacts can't weld shut if the coil fails to disengage? And in fact I did get a tech out to look it. I just used the info he gave me and did it myself. Saved $. I'll call him back if I need my ducts sealing.
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-04-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: price

I hope he charged you for the info.

So the contacts can't weld shut if the coil fails to disengage? And in fact I did get a tech out to look it. I just used the info he gave me and did it myself. Saved $. I'll call him back if I need my ducts sealing.
    Thank you for your statement. This totally makes my case for NOT telling the customer exactly what's wrong with the equipment, only what it will cost to repair it. If they want to know the problem before they've agreed to the repair, they must commit to a consulting fee. If they balk at that, I walk. Too often people like you want to pick the brain of the tech and then go to the big box or on-line and feel like a king when you under pay for the service he was going to supply.

So in closing, I'd just like to say, I do hope the board burns out again just for my satisfaction. And if you think the contacts welded shut because the coil didn't deenergize, then good for you. Just wait for the smoke and send us a signal.

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    What? Coil fails to disengage? Welded contacts just means you're going to freeze your evap, they don't fry a board! Sorry dude, you are endangering yourself.