Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    150 people is about 68,000 BTUs. So even if the church started out at 70, it would be roasting in it in a very short time with a little 15,000 BTU A/C.
    I was think 75000 btu

Quote Originally Posted by rickboggs View Post
    I was think 75000 btu
    I think that number is a rule of thumb. It really depends on temperature and dew point, clothing, etc. The warmer people get the more latent they shed.
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

I was think 75000 btu
    I used 450 BTUs per person, considering that they are inactive during a wedding. 200 sensible and 250 latent.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

My factory uses a trailer mounted rental unit for one particular area every summer. they of course could have paid for a full installziton by now...but you know how budgets and bean counters can be.

I think you typically can rent units with capacities ranging form 10-500 tons. They can be powered from electrical (probably not an option in a small church along with cost of installing the electrical) or have their own diesel generator.

They aren't nessesarily loud, but not really quiet either.

Being hot at a wedding isn't fun for anyone with all the formal attire. As a groom you'll be sweating a bit even if it was and outdoor wedding in Alaska in Jan.

Now, if you have deep pockets or can get some donation together and maybe match it up ot a certain amount, it might be worth doing a permenant installaion for the church as a donation and write it off at tax time.

Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    I think that number is a rule of thumb. It really depends on temperature and dew point, clothing, etc. The warmer people get the more latent they shed.

For a more accurate number you could ask the guests for their height, weight, age and gender as a requiremnt for attending. It would cut down on the guest list and help the OP pay for the rental AC unit. One quick way to reduce heat gain.

I used 450 BTUs per person, considering that they are inactive during a wedding. 200 sensible and 250 latent.
    Mommas crying, daddies nervous, kids restless, friends wondering "when will this end? When's the reception?".... suits... I hate suits.

Pass out paper fans.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    For a more accurate number you could ask the guests for their height, weight, age and gender as a requiremnt for attending. It would cut down on the guest list and help the OP pay for the rental AC unit. One quick way to reduce heat gain.
    body fat index, heart and respiration rate, what they ate the night before...
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Still, that's almost 6 tons. That candelabra will talk'em over the top..... Hey kid, be still, you're make'n it hot in here. By the way boy, what you been eat'in.

Hey kid, be still, you're make'n it hot in here. By the way boy, what you been eat'in.
    ... Catholic wedding? Can we call off all the squat thrusts due to weather?

rental package unit only way, just seems like a lot of dough just for the ceremony though, it's only 30-45 min, then bam going to the party.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

topp portable air

if you're near philly. they are in aston.

Quote Originally Posted by jda5040 View Post

My fiancee insists that the church be cooled in some fashion.
    that's funny right there!! good luck with your new bride.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    that's funny right there!! good luck with your new bride.
    Lol.

Fine baby, let me know who to make the check out to... (ie; you want something a little weird, you best figure it out.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast