Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yea w do the same thing with the secondary drain

and to top it all they have a new code that EVERY seem even s and drive seems have to be sealed with foil tape but not any tape we must use only one manufactures tape.My guess is our mayor gets a fat envelope every month.

that tape thingis a joke right all the tape has to be the same.do ou have to put it on with the writing all in the same direction.

Depends on the inspector.

I just had a rough in, and was told by the supply house that Chicago required a special metal tape with the UL writing on it, it costs more money, and I bought about 8 rolls.

Well the inspector shows up with the building owner and tells him, "I don't know why he wasted his (your) money on that tape, it's pretty expensive, he coulda used regular metal tape"...oh well...

hey cool where do you live?

Palatine, You?

Lived on the South side for most of my life though...

New jersey and they are pretty lexed here with the inspections. we use both apes sometime and to tell you the truth the cheaper tape sticks better than the other stuff.

I'm in chicago and after working 15yrs for companys I finally started working for my self. It's rough but but the hard work now will hopefully pay off in the future.

around peterson/west.

Good for you, nuthin like being self employed.

I do a lot of work in your neck though..around Addison & Ashland, and a lot of Wrigley Ville stuff, plenty of crap to go around though, I don't know how you live around there...too crampt.

after 15 years in the busines making money for other people you deserve it so good luck on making money and and hopfully you have other people making it for you

2hot2cool where was your inspection city north or south?stick with the chicago code tape code is code and you know chicagos inspectors.
    As you know they also requier dampers on every run,but as I recently found out if the basement ceiling or soffit is going is going to be rocked then the dampers won't be accesable so they want us to install them just before the register boot.

North, i was'nt there though, but the building owner was, he said the inspector was pretty cool, he passed my work, that's all I care about...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast