york air cooled condeser leaks

I have a ycul York condenser that I keep getting cracked hot gas tees this has happened 5 times now and all York can say is that it is common anybody?

Do you have condenser leaks or discharge line fittings that are cracking?

york condenser

Yes it has happen 4 times

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Do you have condenser leaks or discharge line fittings that are cracking?
    Do you understand this question?

Yes I understand the cracks happen to be in the hot gas line manifold of a set of tandom compressor seems to only happen between compressor # 2&3 and compressors 5&6 this manifold is 1 5/8 pipe that is bushes down to 13/8

There were some folks that had this problem on the scroll compressor units. I'm not aware of an official fix, but the ones that I've done, I simply rerouted the discharge line to allow for more expansion and vibration. Some folks have used vibrasorbers with success.

Ya that is what I plan on doing York does not acknowledge that there is a problem so I have no choice but to redesign there system for them thanks for the tip

i have a york 100 ton air cooled recip chiller and its nothing but problems. poor engineering and design has caused me all kind of refrigerant leaks. i placed vibration pads under pretty much everything, had to take the low ambient kit out because under some conditions i would be running 345 head all day. your not alone having to deal with bad york design.