Thread: Somemore stuff

Here's some stuff I've been workin on... it's a rehabb job.

I had a little extra time on the next one so I figured I'd show my day.

Excellent as always. Traffic doesn't look TOO bad on your way home. Nice sunset.

Hope the boys got pictures of today's job. Old Williamson crammed in a closet. The top of the furnace was nearly a foot above the door opening. We used my floor jack on a concrete block to lift up the furnace, pulled the coil box out, let the furnace down. Got the jack out and somehow got the furnace out. Still haven't figured out how they got it in 17 years ago. A couple of our techs were around back then, I gotta ask if either of them were on that install!

John

Yeah, it makes you wonder sometimes how some of the equipment gets installed when it's a Bear to get out!

That traffic pic was actually at 6:30am...going to the job in Lincoln Park.
    I originally started giving step by step quotes with each picture as I went along, but deleted that due to giving valuable instructions to DIY's...

I'll show the rest tommorrow.

That is a great looking job. Did you do that one by yourself also? I havent installed a lot of square duct, but I cant see how you got that last piece in. How'd you get the S to fit in on the back side? The only way I can see doing it would be to make a piece of duct with the front off of it & attach it all & then put the front piece on. Nice job.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

I put all the s-cleats on and make phoney drives for the front & back, pull the coil off, and set the three piece plenum in, put the coil back in place, then put the final front cheek in and hammer together.

I was gonna take a picture of that, but forgot to.

And yes, I was by myself when I did this, I also hung the ductwork by myself, (for the most part)

Nice work but every time the homeowner wants to check/change the filter they got to open the blower compartment door. PITA for them
    "Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." Einstein

Originally posted by admatson
    Nice work but every time the homeowner wants to check/change the filter they got to open the blower compartment door. PITA for them
    Oh well, I guess you live in a perfect world...They probably wont even know there's a filter that comes with the unit, like the rest of em...

Speaking of filter... Looks like it will be a lot of work to add a media filter since you hug your return dead next to the furance..

Pretty much all around up here we keep the return 6 to 8" away from the furnace to make it easier to add a media cleaner.

Other than that, Looks good!

Why not add a filter rack and a return air boot it looks like you have the room for it. It makes for better concience for the customer and better air flow, especially in the cooling mode.

I did have 2 filter racks for these units but someone threw them away, I brought them there like 2 weeks ago and now they're gone, I was pretty pissed when I could'nt find them so I said F$ck it, no racks.

There is room for an offset and better filtration, in the future.

Still with the ADP coil[just kidding}. At least the radio is tuned to "The LooP". I see Johnny B is on his way back. Chicago's kick ass rock n roll. LOL
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Funnily enough I was driving into London the other week marvelling at the sunrise and was going to post some pi'c os 'my day' -but I thought "nah like who cares??"

Well, whilst I'm sure no one actually cares I enjoyed the 'road to' pic ;-)

So come on guy's lets have some more...

Cheers

Richard

p.s jobs a good'en too !!