hi i'm new here and at working on heat pumps i have a new mini split unit about 10,000 btu heat pump and was wondering what all i would need to hook this up ?
    i know i will need a vacuum pump but not sure what type or size

Hire it done.

the people around here dont like it cause i already had my own unit and they are telling me the are backed up till the end of dec

Originally posted by mr repairman
    the people around here dont like it cause i already had my own unit and they are telling me the are backed up till the end of dec
    People, like myself, don't want to install something the customer bought because we don't make any profit on the sale. Now you may not like that answer, but consider this.....in most cases for the profit we make on the sale of the equipment includes with it a warranty to fix any problems, free of charge, for a reasonable amount of time after it is installed. There are too many people out there who want someone else to install something they bought and expect the installing person to warranty the equipment. I don't mean to be harsh but this applies to any home owner who may be reading this........don't buy anything from a do-it-yourself store unless you are sure you can do it yourself.

[Edited by Swabby on 11-09-2005 at 12:41 PM]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Swabby
    ...don't buy anything from a do-it-yourself store unless you are sure you can do it yourself...

Or ebay.

Or online.

Or out of somebody's trunk.

Please read the rules, a link is below for your convenience.

(we can't help DIY, due to site rules )

Improper post, CLOSED