I had a goodman 10 seer compressor replaced with a much LARGER trane XL16i. Since the origial pad was surrounded by a concrete porch, would the original pad have to be removed for a larger one that would accomidate the XL16i? Currently the XL sits on the original pad and wobbles since the concrete porch has a slight slant to move water away from the house.

NOT a Code Question

Originally posted by wneise
    Since the origial pad was surrounded by a concrete porch, would the original pad have to be removed for a larger one that would accomidate the XL16i? Currently the XL sits on the original pad and wobbles since the concrete porch has a slight slant to move water away from the house.
    Common sense should prevail.

The whole condensing unit should sit on a ~36" square Vibration Pad. Continuous, unsteady vibrations are not good for long term health.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Have your contractor correct this problem.

Condenser is supposed to be level. Why would someone upgrade to a Trane and skimp on the pad? Call a different company to correct the problem.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

reaks of HACK

There are also minimum clearances required by the manufacturer for proper operation and service. The installing contractor should be called back out and be made to properly level the unit and assure that these proper clearances are present.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.