+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 650 foot well?

Post Likes

650 foot well?

I have a house that I am getting ready to install a 038 ttv climatemaster at, the house has a 2.4 ton cooling load and I was planning on using two 300ft vertical wells with one inch pipe. The water well driller on this job drilled a 650 ft water well that only produced one gallon a minute so the owner is asking me if we can use that well and just do a single 1300ft closed loop. Have any of you guys installed a loop this long? bigger pumps? efficiency issues? Thanks,
    Bryan

BTW drilling and grouting are very high in my area 18-ft.

Post Likes
    One GPM? Must be a mistype or I read something wrong. 4 to 6 GPM would be the min. for a 2 1/2 ton unit. I quess he could put in a tower and only run the unit every couple of hours for a few minutes.

Post Likes
    the one gpm number is for the unusable 650ft water well that we would change to a closed loop 8-9 gpm well. (one loop, pressurized and grouted top to bottom)

Post Likes
    The original well was for potable water for the house and it just did not hit enough water so we are trying to make lemonade out of this lemon.

Post Likes
    You're going to want to step up to 1 1/4 pipe to accommodate the 9gpm needed by the ttv038.

650 vertical feet of pipe should be more than enough for a 3-ton system depending on where you're located. If you have access to ClimateMasters GeoDesigner software I would run it through that to confirm.

As far as pumping goes, you'll likely have to bump up to a dual 26-99 flowcenter for this one. (that'd still be much more affordable over the long haul than drilling 2 new holes in the ground).

Post Likes
    Did they hit magma?

It should be fine to use as long as you use the proper piping and circulators to get your GPM right and reynolds number within line.

Post Likes
    yea...high heating loads and hard rock require those kind of depths

Post Likes
    We had an 800ft artesian well drilled on a ranch I worked on. It was capped off like an oil well, the hose coming off it was the size of a firehose, and it would fill a 10,000 gallon tank in about 45 minutes.

The water temperature coming out of it was 79F. They used it to heat their house in the winter.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in