Humidifier Not Working
    I had a new Bryant Heat pump dueal fuel system put in this Fall -- Noticed that the humidifier is nto working.

What should I check before havinf the HVAC company come out.

So far -- I checked the humidstat control, pegged it all the way to the on positiona and checked the wiring to make sure everthign connected.

It is a hOneywell bypass himidifier. It was replaced last year and kept for this furnace.

Thanks for your help!

Sounds like you have got it covered.

Make a call, they may have simply hooked it up wrong?

if they reinstalled the himidifier incorrectly, it should be a warranty issue.

if a defective part, i'd have to say its on you.

Make sure that the water supply valve is open.

Was the furnace even running while you had the "test" going?
    Is it Friday yet?

Originally posted by billva
    if they reinstalled the himidifier incorrectly, it should be a warranty issue.

if a defective part, i'd have to say its on you.
    but if you monkey with it it will void the warranty

Ok -- I'll give them a call. SOmething isn't right. What I

am worried about i that they just did the winter start-up -- with my paid agreement and it was checked that humidifier worked -- but I don't think it did.

HVAC company came out today. Said humidifier will only come on with furnace -- not heat pump. Said he suggested installing a sail switch int he return duct. Seems like a current sensing switch on the blower work just as well?

Is a sail switch how this is usually done?

A sail switch is an acceptable way to bring on the humidifier. I usually do go with a current sensing relay though. If it's a new furnace (you said dual fuel but didn't specify oil or gas) it may have humidifier terminals on the PC board. Or EAC terminals even. You just energize the transformer for the humidifier off those terminals and the board does the decision making for you. This way you don't have to worry about it coming on when you run the A/C next summer.
    ...SHEEESH!!!

Is a gas furnace -- apparently the tech said that the board does not energize the humidifier unles furnace is blowing -- not the humidifier.

Id does have a humidifier termianl

Originally posted by bodhisatva
    If it's a new furnace (you said dual fuel but didn't specify oil or gas) it may have humidifier terminals on the PC board. Or EAC terminals even. You just energize the transformer for the humidifier off those terminals and the board does the decision making for you.
    It's not that simple on a dual fuel system. The board will not bring on the humdifier when the heat pump is running... which is what he posted above.