Thread: problems with Trane two stage 5 ton 4ttr5061

Post Likes

Confused problems with Trane two stage 5 ton 4ttr5061

Hey guys newbie here have a question on a trane condenser its a 4ttr5061 single compressor two speed it was dark and the skeeters where heavy. Just left customers house it seems to me his compressor was running low speed just drawing 14amps on a 26 rla. Some brainiac removed the service facts but left me the envelope! I can see that there is a yellow/black and yellow/red obviously the stages. I dont have a lot of experience on this particular unit so a couple quick questions. Does first stage energize high speed or does both stages need to be energized for high speed? I see a rectifier and started second guessing myself sweating in the dark! Reminded me of the old lennox 2 speed I used to get the resistor for at radio shack if you guys are old enough to remember. Thanks D

Post Likes
    Welcome here.

As the red letters above say, this is the wrong area for questions. The residential subforum would be the place you would post that question.

Post Likes
    thanks for the welcome just trying to get moving around site 25 years in the field 5 minutes on computer.
    Darren

Post Likes
    We don't really give detailed technical advice in the open forums, so you might not get much help until you receive pro membership. It's well worth it, there is a wealth of info and knowledge in the super secret pro section! And its free!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    By the way, I am familiar with that unit, feel free to email me.

Post Likes
    I would love to answer. You but it's not allowed in here unless you get pro membership. I don't want to get in trouble I just joined Aswell

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in