+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And Boom Goes The Dynamite!

Post Likes

And Boom Goes The Dynamite!

My service tech brought this one to me. He said it caught the whole inside of the unit on fire and he had to rewire the hole thing from the high voltage fan and compressor wires all the way down to the low voltage wires on the defrost board, reversing valve, ect. It was an after hours call no less.

Post Likes
    hard to tell. is that a boost?

Post Likes
    looks like a dual capacitor

Post Likes
    ok yeah looking closer i see the top. i seen the side looking like a label. looked like a label for a hot shot or boost. either way i've never seen one that bad.

Post Likes
    Looks like 4 hours plus parts and time and a half....
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Post Likes
    at OT rates,think i would've got you going and come back on reg rates to fix the mess.............that's just me
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    at OT rates,think i would've got you going and come back on reg rates to fix the mess.............that's just me
    It always amazes me why someone would pay a for OT, when the price difference between OT and regular costs more than a night at the holiday inn.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Looks like a Boost hard start kit to me.........
    Danny

Post Likes
    It's a dual run cap....You can tell by the top of the cap and at bottom right of the photo...

Why is it all these new run caps...wether they be GE, PAckard or any other brand....FAIL SO QUICKLY...

I remember back in the 80's we used Aerovox caps and they lasted forever....

We as a rule only install 440 volt run caps because they normally have bigger cans and can disipate heat better and yet... they still fail.....
    It's all about heat transfer...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qssfl View Post
    It's a dual run cap....You can tell by the top of the cap and at bottom right of the photo...

Why is it all these new run caps...wether they be GE, PAckard or any other brand....FAIL SO QUICKLY...

I remember back in the 80's we used Aerovox caps and they lasted forever....

We as a rule only install 440 volt run caps because they normally have bigger cans and can disipate heat better and yet... they still fail.....
    you said it right there "they lasted forever". you know companies don't make anything that last anymore. they wouldn't make money if they did. am i right?
    Aire Force A/C and heating
    Florida
    since 1988

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Post Likes
    We are going to have to contact the BATF on that capacitor, might have brought done a skyscraper.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in