Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AC unit not cooling below 81 degrees

Post Likes
    If that's an ASFM then it's a plenum type coil IMO a bad choice. Here they are considered a builders model coil.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Post Likes
    I agree with skippedover ...The two companies will blame each other,any leaks should have been found during leak check and evacuation , you may need to change the line set and should have flushed the evap. So find someone {one company} to do it right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sally1979 View Post
    Outdoor Unit:Byrant Model#113ANA060-G
    Indoor Coil:AllStyle Model# ASFMG020A31G+5
    Also, both are 5 ton units and 13 seer 410a
    The expansion valve is RP31116 for AS4VT5 EMERSON VALVE TYPE AAEB 5 ZW195 Bleed 10%

Post Likes

Any response?

Also, both are 5 ton units and 13 seer 410a
    The expansion valve is RP31116 for AS4VT5 EMERSON VALVE TYPE AAEB 5 ZW195 Bleed 10%
    Bump

Post Likes
    Do you have any data on the current operation of the system?

You need to find and pay for a good company.

I don't think either one of the companies you hired are any good and you decision was based only on price. My company would have NEVER converted an existing R22 coil to 410. We also would have never put anything other than a verify-able matching coil.

Did you register the 113ANA online to get the 10 year parts warranty? It would also accept registering a matched coil to get 10 year parts warranty on the coil and txv, if you had put a matching coil in
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Outdoor Unit:Byrant Model#113ANA060-G
    Indoor Coil:AllStyle Model# ASFMG020A31G+S
    Texas-Tech

I posted the info you requested.
    I am waiting for your reply.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Do you have any data on the current operation of the system?

You need to find and pay for a good company.

I don't think either one of the companies you hired are any good and you decision was based only on price. My company would have NEVER converted an existing R22 coil to 410. We also would have never put anything other than a verify-able matching coil.

Did you register the 113ANA online to get the 10 year parts warranty? It would also accept registering a matched coil to get 10 year parts warranty on the coil and txv, if you had put a matching coil in
    Not very helpful!

Post Likes
    Not very helpful!
    Not very helpfull? I said call someone who knows what they are doing? You have no operating parameters? No data, no pressures, no temperatures, and want someone sitting in Canada to tell you what's wrong?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Not very helpfull? I said call someone who knows what they are doing? You have no operating parameters? No data, no pressures, no temperatures, and want someone sitting in Canada to tell you what's wrong?
    Again, not very helpful at all!

Post Likes
    Good luck!

Post Likes
    Interesting... I did see some good information.

I agree that neither company did you a proper service. Both coils should be changed. The lineset should be changed, or at least flushed. There is no ARI rating for your new condenser when coupled with an existing R-22 coil, so nobody can tell you what the SEER of your system is. That's a hard fact. The same goes for the evaporator you wound up with.

I suggest you face the inevitable-find a reputable company in your area for an assessment of what you have and what needs to be done to fix it. Find two and get two opinions maybe. Given the situation, I personally wouldn't touch this job with anything less than a matching coil (manufacturer recommended). Chalk the additional cost up to the cost of a valuable lesson and see it as a downpayment on your future comfort and the start of a lasting relationship with a company you trust.

Post Likes
    let me ask this. did they do this swap out due to your finances or was it their idea? did they do it because you didn't want to spend the extra money on the matching equipment. or was this their suggestion to you?
    Aire Force A/C and heating
    Florida
    since 1988

Post Likes
    Do you live in arizona by chance? This sounds very familiar in phoenix area. Did you take these steps? Step 1 find undercut unlicensed bonehead on craigslist, step 2, accept cheapo price because it sounded much better than that large reputable companies price that you probably called first. I invision large company recommending to replace entire system, and you gave some poor excuse why you couldnt do that right then. Then accepted boneheads proposal, got shipped up the perverbial river without paddle and now expecting mister brake light warranty to come fix something that hes already drank up the profits from. Sorry to sound harsh, but this kind of poor work done in this area by 2 men in a truck really tick me off. Screws up pricing for our entire industry. You get what you pay for. Now place call to reputable company to come clean up shadetrees mess.

Post Likes
    Well, obviously this system isn't operating at 100% capacity because of the issues that have already been pointed out, but it may not have a serious problem either. There are so many things that can cause your home to be 80 on a above 100 deg outside day. In the past two weeks I have been on at least 10 similiar calls where the customer swore the unit always cooled in the past, but that just isn't true. The highs we've broken in my area over the past week were set in 1888, so it just hasn't been this hot during the life of the existing system. It is normal for a system to fall behind in extreme temps unless it is oversized, but in my area we usually see 78 or so. 80 is usually a red flag that there is some type of problem, but it is not always the equipment. Has your ductwork been checked for leaks, is it sized properly, has your attic insulation settled? Has anyone compared the actual capapcity of the old unit vs the new unit? 5 tons isn't always 5 tons. Just some things to think about, but in reality, you are going to have to have someone who will look at and check all these things before anyone can tell you what is going on in your home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in