it is quiet wierd problem. The york rooftop have two G775-RJD-1 Control intermittent pilot ignition module. THS and R1 all have 24 voltage. when I do the spark test, both module don't have spark. I replaced one of the them, the same problem.
    does anybody know what promblem? Does it has anything with the polority of the power?

[Edited by comfortable air on 11-07-2005 at 06:47 PM]

Check the grounding of both the module and the igniter
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

I checke the "5(ground)" to ground, it is good grounding. resistance is near 0. some of the module control sequence:
    1. the control circuit energizes the control module.
    2. Energizes the flame sensor and performs a safe-start check. (If false signal exists, it does not enrgize igniter)
    3. Energizes the igniter.
    Is it possible that the safe -start check found a exist false signal? how do we check whether it has false signal ?

Does it has anything with the phasing? the book said, it need ensure proper grounding and phasing when the transformaer is connected to certain types of control modules.

[Edited by comfortable air on 11-07-2005 at 09:08 PM]

Some Honeywell modules are sensitive to phasing, never heard of that being a problem with a Johnson module, but try reversing the secondary leads from the transformer, it should be easy enough to test.
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

I already reversed the secondary leads. nothing happened.

I just wonder why the three control module couldn't spark. one could break down. it have no reason for three not working( one is new)

York/Johnson module

Have you checked the roll out switch? I Think I had this problem a few years ago where the switch would not pass enough current through to get the module to operate, but would read voltage at the module. Try a jumper across the switch.

But Make sure to remove that jumper!

Mr. quest for fire, You remind me. The roll out leads in the module has 24 voltage. I have never suspect the rollout switch could not pass enough current through it. I will go back to change the new module tommorrow. I afraid there is other hide reason I did not fugure out

Thank you Mr.quest for fire. I went back to that rooftop. jumped the rollout switch, the ignitin work ok. It is unbelievable. if you did not speak of it, I will never thought of the rollout switch is defective. you see, it has 24 voltage at the R( rollout) lead.

Smile

Glad I could help. That was a real head scratcher for me
    on a very cold day and also two modules later..

i replace any safetys with ohm reading higher than .10. preventative measures