Post Likes
    it is quiet wierd problem. The york rooftop have two G775-RJD-1 Control intermittent pilot ignition module. THS and R1 all have 24 voltage. when I do the spark test, both module don't have spark. I replaced one of the them, the same problem.
    does anybody know what promblem? Does it has anything with the polority of the power?

[Edited by comfortable air on 11-07-2005 at 06:47 PM]

Post Likes
    Check the grounding of both the module and the igniter
    The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency. - Bill Gates

Post Likes
    I checke the "5(ground)" to ground, it is good grounding. resistance is near 0. some of the module control sequence:
    1. the control circuit energizes the control module.
    2. Energizes the flame sensor and performs a safe-start check. (If false signal exists, it does not enrgize igniter)
    3. Energizes the igniter.
    Is it possible that the safe -start check found a exist false signal? how do we check whether it has false signal ?

Does it has anything with the phasing? the book said, it need ensure proper grounding and phasing when the transformaer is connected to certain types of control modules.

[Edited by comfortable air on 11-07-2005 at 09:08 PM]

Post Likes
    Some Honeywell modules are sensitive to phasing, never heard of that being a problem with a Johnson module, but try reversing the secondary leads from the transformer, it should be easy enough to test.
    The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency. - Bill Gates

Post Likes
    I already reversed the secondary leads. nothing happened.

Post Likes
    I just wonder why the three control module couldn't spark. one could break down. it have no reason for three not working( one is new)

Post Likes

York/Johnson module

Have you checked the roll out switch? I Think I had this problem a few years ago where the switch would not pass enough current through to get the module to operate, but would read voltage at the module. Try a jumper across the switch.

Post Likes
    But Make sure to remove that jumper!

Post Likes
    Mr. quest for fire, You remind me. The roll out leads in the module has 24 voltage. I have never suspect the rollout switch could not pass enough current through it. I will go back to change the new module tommorrow. I afraid there is other hide reason I did not fugure out

Post Likes
    Thank you Mr.quest for fire. I went back to that rooftop. jumped the rollout switch, the ignitin work ok. It is unbelievable. if you did not speak of it, I will never thought of the rollout switch is defective. you see, it has 24 voltage at the R( rollout) lead.

Post Likes

Smile

Glad I could help. That was a real head scratcher for me
    on a very cold day and also two modules later..

Post Likes
    i replace any safetys with ohm reading higher than .10. preventative measures