Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Georgia the MBE is an excellent air handler in my opinion much better option than the AEPT. I just like two components over one component. You will also get the CAP or CHAP coil with this set up.

Robin I believe was saying higher SEER is better for you and that would be the RTG. This is an excellent I have sold many RSG's we don't do many heat pumps here.

As far as the proper t'stat go for the two-stage heat and cool with humidity control. It as Dash says a White Rodgers with an Amana tag. It will provide greatly improved humidity control and for the heat pump can be set up to help eliminate window condensation during heating season. One really nice feature is you can program it to run the fan continuously for better filtration efficiency and to combat stratified air. With the humidity control feature it will turn the fan off if humidity rises to set point and after next system function bring the fan back on.

You have made an excellent choice of equipment hope your contractor is competent and brings it all together.

I would also like to express thanks to all except airworks for being informative and balanced in their responses to this inquiry.

[Edited by classical on 11-09-2005 at 07:30 PM]

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Georiga,

If your humidity is close to that in North Florida,get the stat with humidity control,a little extra but worth it for your indoor comfort and air quality.

Robin are you familiar with the 1213431 thermostat. If so why wouldn't you recommend it for improved humidity and air quality control? Especially with an RTG system!

I am not familiar with the benefits of any thermostat with an Amana or Goodman system. Do these stats overide or supercede the onboard controls of the Goodman/Amana blower controls?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Yes they do but White Rodgers designs them for Amana.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Yeah ,roBo,that's what some of us have been telling you ,for awhile.It like a Thermidistat,without the Big Blue Oval,not quite an Infinity ,but a better choice.

I am not allowed to sell Amana in PA and the two stage units are not labeled yet for Goodman. There will be a Goodman version of all of the R410a equipment next year so I'd better bone up on this stat and get ready to have our branch stock them. Thanks
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12