Help,?! what's a Concord furnace? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    this post will have the furnace drawing exaust gasses into the return, which will then be dispersed into the home.
    I was also curious, too. Even if it isn't in direct vent configuration, how is it going to suck the flue gasses in?

I hear ya...I get customers like that too....give'em what they want.
    Havin'a good time is what life is all about.

Concord is a Lennox owned company. They carry a iso rating higher than lennox. The heat exchanger is aluminized steel with a 20 year warrantee. and I believe if it cracks in the first 10 years lennox will give you a whole new furnace at no cost to you. Obviously this depends on proper installation. If you want to and can upgrade, I would go with the Armstrong, It is also a lennox owned company. the heat exchanger on them is stainless steel and is warrantied for life. They both basically have the same design except for minor modifications.

If you pull too much air into the blower compartment from return air duct leakage, it is possible to downdraft the water heater. If this is the case you will want to bring and equivalent outside air supply into the area where the furnace and hot water tank are located. Your brother did himself a dis-service not getting the unit sized properly and most likely will cycle on high limit with excessively short heat cycles. This will wear out the components of the furnace prematurely and then he'll be complaining the furnace is no good.

Originally posted by sadlier
    this post will have the furnace drawing exaust gasses into the return, which will then be dispersed into the home.
    I was also curious, too. Even if it isn't in direct vent configuration, how is it going to suck the flue gasses in?

I wouldnt be as worried about flu gasses as much as havin to replace the heat exchanger after a few seasons.
    Havin'a good time is what life is all about.

Originally posted by billva

I suggested that he put a filter on both sides to draw as much air in as possible.
    water heater? [/B]
    Electric
    All Seasons Heating & Cooling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12