+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Problem With Air Filter Running Pleats Horizontally?

Post Likes

Any Problem With Air Filter Running Pleats Horizontally?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------My WaterFurnace Geo requires a 30" L x 28" H x 2" W MERV-11 air filter, but I mistakenly ord 28" x 30" x 2" replacement filters, which means I will have to turn the replacement filter so that the pleats run horizontally vs vertically. Will this be a problem

Post Likes
    Not a problem at all.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    The HVAC Geo contractor also agrees, although no word from Water Furnace.

Post Likes

Response from WaterFurnace

This is not the response (below) that I expected or wanted to hear b/c the 30 x 28 x 2 air filters are far harder to come by vs the 28 x 30 x 2" air filters.

"I asked our tech service department and they aren't sure that the filter will cover the air coil properly. So you would probably be safer in exchanging the filters."

Post Likes
    Why would it matter ? It's the same size filter is it not ? Only time I have seen a difference is on a vertical supply and return RTU. The pleats can get loaded up on one side if there horizontally placed.

Post Likes
    I agree, it's covering the same surface area.

Post Likes
    RoseRx,

We would be interested in knowing who you have been in contact with. We have spoken with our engineering staff and they have informed us that the direction of the pleats should not make a difference, as long as the airflow is moving in the right direction through the filter.

WaterFurnace International, Inc.

Post Likes
    W/F I,

Thanks for the reply and clearing up the confusion.

She was not a W/F I tech rep, but a customer service rep and she has been very helpful in the product selection process when I was deciding on a Geo unit, but based on her response below, I thought she may have misinterpreted the nature of my inquiry, which prompted me to press on.

"I asked our tech service department and they aren't sure that the filter will cover the air coil properly. So you would probably be safer in exchanging the filters. I'm glad you've been happy with your system so far and I'm confident you'll be even happier when you can really see what it can do!

Let us know if you need anything!"

In any event it is comforting the a mfr service is monitoring the site to help customers with their questions and problems.

R

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in