Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by coolcray3
    the trailer is a 73 double wide which tells you it was probably sized for one unit in each trailer and now has one transplant which i probably a regular unit. i dont think the mobile home units enen have return ducts,they usally have a wall return oppisite the unit dont they.i think some one put a residential unit in.what model unit are we talking about.
    1st- Its a Coleman
    2nd- It has 12 inch supply and return openings

Its designed for mobile homes.

Trane.

I don't think cool has seen any of these mobil units. Weather by coleman, or miller(nordyne).

I just hope he can get access to the website to find out what it is he's not familiar with.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I think your right. There are a few around here and one in my shop thats over 20 years old and still going.

i dont have to go to coleman web site to check out coleman its a york product you should know that

i still havent seen a model number for this unit yet so you can say if its a mobile home unit or not.they could have put anything in there.

i still havent seen a model number for this unit yet so you can say if its a mobile home unit or not.they could have put anything in there.
    Your making it hard to be nice. Maybe you need a model number but some don't.

okay if it is a mobile home unit and it is designed with a 12" supply and return how is it that he said that he was going to change it to 14" supply and return. i was under the impression that there was a supply and return plentum on the unit and coleman does make residential split systems.I have one in my house.just because it has a 12" supply and return does not mean that it is a mobile home unit.

okay if it is a mobile home unit and it is designed with a 12" supply and return how is it that he said that he was going to change it to 14" supply and return. i was under the impression that there was a supply and return plentum on the unit and coleman does make residential split systems.I have one in my house.just because it has a 12" supply and return does not mean that it is a mobile home unit.
    Its a package unit designed for mobile homes.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    This is most certainly a package unit and the Original Posters thoughts are right on target.

When you move the taps to the center,and a "sea gull wing" shaped diverter to the 10X5 duct to help turn the air.

Adding the second return is smart, be sure the grille is large ,as well as the filters.If it's a floor return with a very open style "grille" size can be smaller.The box can extend down a couple of feet to allow a larger than grille sized return filter, at an angle in the deep box.

The supply grilles should be changed to a larger size,like 10X6 ,that allow the air to blow stright up.Like a http://www.hartandcooley.com style # 210.

The Coleman package unit is "higher" static,so if ducts are sized based on that ,it will be fine.

i was under the impression that there was a supply and return plentum on the unit and coleman does make residential split systems.I have one in my house.just because it has a 12" supply and return does not mean that it is a mobile home unit.
    Split systems for mobils use higher static blowers then regular residencials units. They are designed like that because of the ducts.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

ok now i understand the mobilehome unit with the 4 tn coil in it you can set the blower to the high speed and get 1190 cfms out of it with a static pressure of 0.5 and that is eough for the duct system with the 14 " supply and return.My bad i didnt know that but i do now thanks for pounding that into my head.I was under the impresion that it was a normal split system.

ok now i understand the mobilehome unit with the 4 tn coil in it you can set the blower to the high speed and get 1190 cfms out of it with a static pressure of 0.5 and that is eough for the duct system with the 14 " supply and return.My bad i didnt know that but i do now thanks for pounding that into my head.I was under the impresion that it was a normal split system.
    I'm hoping Beenthere or Dash will respond because you lost me on this post. Where did you get the info above?

nordyne website 1/2 hp fan motor on mobilehome unit set on high speed puts out 1190 cfm with a 0.5 static pressure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast