Need feedback on Brinmar AC cover and sound blanket

I am considering getting the Brinmar AC cover and sound blanket for my Carrier Base series 3-ton condenser. Does the Brinmar Premium Vented Covers worth the extra cost compared to their regular cover? Is the Brinmar sound blanket effective in reducing the noise? I would appreciate any feedback on these 2 products and whether there is better alternative.

I generally recommend against covering A/C units. They are meant to sit outside year round. Covering them leads to moisture problems, rodents, nuisance service calls (when you start it up without removing the cover), etc. What model# is your unit? The sound blanket may help some, but if it's really unbearably noisy something may be wrong with it.
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

I just had the Carrier 24ABB336 installed right outside my kitchen window. It can hear the AC noise inside the house. But the AC noise is bearable inside the house since the AC is using the blower of the 58STA furnace, which is not quiet at all. However, the AC is quite loud outside the house but I think this is normal for the 75dba rating. I'm afraid my neighbor will stay to complain when I start to use it.

The reason for the AC cover is that there is a lot of small debris blowing around my house and the dense wire coil guard has accumulated quite bit of debris even after a few days. I don't plan to use the AC often and I am going to pull the fuse at the knockout when the AC cover is used. So, will the ventilation in the Brinmar Premium Vented Covers work?

on my friends unit, what he does is put a piece of ply wood over the top, with a brick on top of it. it keeps the debries out and lets the air circulate around the unit thus keeping moisture accumulation to a minimum. i once saw a guy use a old top from a garbage can cover,non metal type, put 4 holes at 12,3,6,9, o'clock put thermastat wire through and tie it down to the top of the condenser, again it kept the debries out of the top and let air circulate through out the unit keeping moisture buildup at a minimum! some birdie told me if you wrap a condenser around it with plastic, it keeps moisture in the unit,doesn't let it breath, thus the electrical components don't last as long.