Thread: HVAC Calc, Elite Software, or ....?

Post Likes
    Hi, everyone,

I would like to get feedback on any of the load calculating software out there. I was thinking about HVAC Calc or the Elite Rhvac software, but maybe there's something else out there.

By the way, with HVAC Calc, can you purchase and download immediately? (I'm into immediate gratification...)

Thanks in advance for your input.

Miguel

Post Likes

The Learning Curve....

with the HVAC-Calc software is relatively painless. The results have been dead on for me. Hands down, the best software money I've ever spent. How many software purchases result in wishing it's creator AND family are doing well every time you use it?
    Randy Yates

Post Likes
    The HVAC-CALC is easy to use and does do a fantastic job. Best HVAC software I have bought.
    All Seasons Heating & Cooling

Post Likes
    Originally posted by petaco
    I was thinking about HVAC Calc or the Elite Rhvac software, but maybe there's something else out there.
    Do you need software for one house or 400 houses?
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    I'll be needing it for many houses. Thanks.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Many

Originally posted by petaco
    I'll be needing it for many houses. Thanks.
    MANY, many ... Wrightsoft
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Post Likes
    Dan:

Why would recommend Wrightsoft over HVAC Calc for many houses senario? I have used both and find hvac calc to be the easier and faster solution. Like the fact that I can do a whole house calculation with it.
    "Go big or Go Home"

Post Likes

Re: The Learning Curve....

Originally posted by heatpumpman
    with the HVAC-Calc software is relatively painless. The results have been dead on for me. Hands down, the best software money I've ever spent. How many software purchases result in wishing it's creator AND family are doing well every time you use it?

Right on the money...simple,direct...even a homeowner can use it....but for the pro it is the best because it is fast.... with measuments...I can crank out a prfessional load summary on a two system structure in 20 minutes
    Like you said...the best money I ever spent for any software....
    Havin'a good time is what life is all about.

Post Likes

Arrow HVAC-Calc 1000%

If the ease of use doesn't just rock you... The superb technical support from HVAC Computer will!

I love HVAC-Calc without a doubt...

Instant gratification, absolutely sir!!!!

AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Post Likes

Hmm Software Selection is somewhat like equipment brand

Originally posted by Black Adder
    Dan:
    Why would recommend Wrightsoft over HVAC Calc for many houses senario? I have used both and find hvac calc to be the easier and faster solution. Like the fact that I can do a whole house calculation with it.
    Simple vs complex is the real issue.

Wrightsoft whole house analysis for < 5,000 S.F. (or for upto four systems) can be performed with a template in < 15 minutes by an experienced user.

The whole house load analysis is ONLY 20% of the solution. Whole house calculation is nearly useless for new construction. Air flow to each room is Required.
    Bill of material is needed.

Does HVAC-Calc follow EIGHTH Edition of ACCA
    Manual J as required in some states such as Florida?

Does HVAC-Calc perform duct sizing and layout
    per ACCA Manual D as required in Florida?

Does HVAC-Calc provide a bill of material and project cost specific to a mechanical contractors practice and pricing?

Does HVAC-Calc perform the load analysis for Worst case orientation at a touch of a button?

Wrightsoft RSR with graphical approach AND interface with AUTOCAD is much easier to use in performing Load Analysis for LARGE ( 3,000 to 12,000 square foot) residences with > 60 spaces ( rooms /closets/ baths/ pantry ...) and > 50 windows and doors.

Zoning is very easy with Wrightsoft. These large residence require between 2 - 7 separate A/C systems.

Templates (common characteristics) should be set-up when using Wrightsoft as a HUGE time saver.
    For example,
    I have templates for "common size" room set-ups for bedrooms, dining, kitchen, living, laundry, closets, baths, garage ( for common wall interface) and a variety of window sizes. The room arrangement is then organized and performed using 'drag & drop' method.

I guess that's Why there are > 700 Wrightsoft
    business accounts in Florida.

I believe that HVAC-Calc with a simpler approach is probably the most convenient program for < 3,000 square foot residences and for use by homeowners.

There are too many users and scenarios to say that one software is 'better' than another. It really depends on ones use and specific applications.

I believe that with MANY MANY residences and the use of templates that one would find Wrightsoft RSR to be an analysis and design presentation time-saver. Wrightsoft RSR would likely be cost and learning-curve prohibitive for anyone doing a limited number of designs.

Post Likes
    I have templates set up in Wrightsoft for different contractors, New construction, gas, electric, and so on.

I draw the house out bill of materials is created but what I like the best is the proposals. I can select the equipment package right from the software window. Proposals can be created very professionally.

Easy to do manual d calculations.

I just bought comfort builder for my lap top and its even better.

The only problem I have is that here in Louisiana we tend to use different duct fittings that are not found in manual d. So I have to link our fittings and cost to the ones in the software.

Scale of 1 to 10. I say a 9. There is always room for improvement.
    "Football Season again finally"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in