Since the front of my van was empty when I got it, and I tend to store stuff I don't need up there (books, papers, etc) I built a few things to help me keep things semi organized, and a nice place to rest my arm while driving.

What you can't see, 8" round pipe 16" long capped for a garbage can.

Center console, lid opens up to access a ton of storage.
    Log book and coloring book holder right behind it.

Book shelf behind the passenger seat. Yeah it's empty now, just give me time.

Not anything spectacular by any means, but this forum is lacking a bit, thought I'd spruce it up some.

*edit*
    thats no ghost in the upper right, I just haven't learned how to keep my finger out of the shot (note favorite t-stat thread in WOS section for more proof lol).

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Get one of those no slip rubber matts used for shelving, woodworking etc. When you go around a corner, nothing will slide off.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

I have some of that non slip tool box liner in my shop somewhere. Eventually I know I'm going to run across it lol.

You can't really tell, but the book shelfs have a 1.5" angle (over 14") to them to help keep the debris on the shelfs.

AM,is there anyway you can post more pictures of your van?I belive our work vehicles organization is an overlooked importance.
    The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them,Albert Einstein.Stop,Think,and Act!Find the PROBLEM before ever considering the SOLUTION,Carey Collins. What would Chesty Puller do?

I plan on posting many more pictures of my van. I just need to clean it 1st, it's a pit (well, in many people's eye's it's fine, but to me it's a pit). That and I'm slowly working on building new shelving system in the back. The crap that's back there sucks. So much wasted space and no way to organize small parts.

But I jus might get some pix this weekend so y'all can see the pit, and it might make for some cool before and after pictures.

Did you build that console and bookrack, or did you buy them from a shelving company? If you built them, especially the consule, would you mind pointing out any specifics on them?

Yup, I built everything myself. The guys kinda questioned why I needed it so I knew they wouldn't buy me one lol.

I'll get some measurements later today and give ya some details of it.

This organazation thing is scaring me... I actually managed to find the sketches I made and built that stuff from.

No making fun of my CAD system, I did this over a few lunch breaks lol.

http://www.amickracing.com/hvac/drawings.gif

Everything was riveted together with 1/8" rivets. Every edge that's exposed has a 1/2" hem to protect the non-leather fingered people.

Right now I have a shelf around 8"x12" in the console riveted in the back of it around half way up. I plan on eventually bending up some rails for hanging files. If I had to do it again I might not have made the console quite as wide, maybe 10" or so, but it works fine like it is. I built it 22" tall because my seat doesn't have an arm rest... and when you are cruising around checkin out the ladies ya need something to be leaning on lol.

The book shelf is mounted around 10"-12" off the floor so you have a little better access to the bottom shelf.

The book shelf is held up with 6 5/16" bit tip screws. The console is screwed to the floor of the van with 3/8" bit tip screws, I think they are 1" or 1 1/4" long. And a couple 5/16" bit tips into the metal wall behind the seats.

Cool box, wonder why the passenger side has an armrest and not the drivers side...

How long ya think before that box is loaded with crap, with all the important stuff at the bottom?

How long? prolley never, I'm a bit anal about being organized (or at least trying). I'm thinking that'll make a good dry spot to store my coveralls, jacket, rain gear, and a couple extra shirts for the time. Might like that so much I won't put a file rack in there, who knows.

I'm really chomping at the bit to build a new shelf system in the back, I hate whats back there now. But I just need some time to do that. FWIW I built that stuff in the above picture on my own time, I think it took me around 4-5 hours total (including lunch, several breaks too).

Most likely I'll end up building the back shelfs on my own time too since we're too busy.