Thread: new member

Confused new member

Hi With 40 years in the heating and Ac installation and service business I can safely say one can never stop learning. I can see this is the right place to be but I need to get to the other pros. I am having some trouble with how to reach the next step. Are the 16 postings to be trade related or just to show an interest?
    Last edited by jbooker56; 07-30-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: removed smiley face

Welcome here!

The 15 posts should be trade related. Basically the membership committee wants to see how you post and if you can talk the talk.

Are you an owner? Or a tech? Tell us a little more about yourself and how business is in Saskatoon.

Also go to the residential or commercial forums and join the conversations, just don't give any step by step instructions. You'll get to 15 in no time!

Good luck!

Thankyou This is very helpfull Jim

ancient history

That thank you seems a poor way to get a posting. I am a serviceman with Centennial Plumbing and heating in Saskatoon the fastest growing city in Canada. We specialize in service and furnace, Ac installations , bathroom and kitchen renovations and custom plumbing and heating systems . The ancient history is me. In 1967 I took a 1 year refrigeration and ac course, got my journeyman and in 1975 I branched in heating. In 1980 I installed my first Lennox Pulse Furnace and yesterday I searched the internet for instructions on setting fan speeds for our Ac install on a York C9 furnace. Time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by jbooker56 View Post
    That thank you seems a poor way to get a posting. I am a serviceman with Centennial Plumbing and heating in Saskatoon the fastest growing city in Canada. We specialize in service and furnace, Ac installations , bathroom and kitchen renovations and custom plumbing and heating systems . The ancient history is me. In 1967 I took a 1 year refrigeration and ac course, got my journeyman and in 1975 I branched in heating. In 1980 I installed my first Lennox Pulse Furnace and yesterday I searched the internet for instructions on setting fan speeds for our Ac install on a York C9 furnace. Time flies.
    Lol. See you got stuff to share with us younger folks.
    That much experience is nothing to be shy about having or sharing.
    Welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by jbooker56 View Post
    You sound like a great addition to this site.

I am just a 6 year rookie but have come to really like that Lennox Pulse. Still a lot of them around. Too bad they had to quit making them, there still isn't a furnace out there that can touch it for efficiency.

more pulse

I was also thinking as I wrote about the pulse furnace ,how with a variable speed motor on board it would still be a pretty good furnace. It was an interesting start for me as the first pulse I installed never worked. A engineer from Regina who was the Lennox rep and myself tore it completely apart and found a hole in a weld on the secondary heat exchanger. That was a great learning experience for me and took some of the mystery out it but it still caused me many hours of problems with 6 ft separation of vents and touchy pressure settings. The engineer was later moved to Dallas with Lennox. He was sharp. Enough I do go on.