Thread: Trane and 407C

Trane and 407C

What is the cutoff tonnage for 410 now on Trane equipment. I thought three or four years ago their designs were going to be up to 10 tons 410 and after that 407c? I started up a 60 ton intellipak and it was 410. Did they change their minds on 407c?
    Two wire hook up, three wire f**k up.

Trane never made a R410A Intellipak chiller. I believe the cutoff on CGAM chillers which are 410a is 125 tons. I'm not aware of any plans for R407c chillers.

THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY CGAM IS 300TR

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Trane never made a R410A Intellipak chiller. I believe the cutoff on CGAM chillers which are 410a is 125 tons. I'm not aware of any plans for R407c chillers.
    Aren't all IPak II's R410a?

Sorry, my mix up for not being clear, it was an intellipak RTU. It was just a general question on high pressure refrigerant.
    Two wire hook up, three wire f**k up.

Quote Originally Posted by servicetrane View Post
    THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY CGAM IS 300TR
    I want to see pictures of the 300 ton CGAM
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

the largest trane intellipak rooftop with R410a is 150 nominal tons at this moment...with all of the fun options, it is over 65 feet long.
    When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die - Linken Park

Attachment 202502
    Due to Europes accelerated phase out of HCFC's ahead of the Montreal Protocol dates Trane has been making HFC 407c chillers for about the last 10 years sold in markets outside of the US. Following the phase out of HCFC 22 in 2010 the CGAM chiller using HFC 410a are now sold globally.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Necessity is the mother of invention

Quote Originally Posted by Screwit View Post
    Attachment 202502

Due to Europes accelerated phase out of HCFC's ahead of the Montreal Protocol dates Trane has been making HFC 407c chillers for about the last 10 years sold in markets outside of the US. Following the phase out of HCFC 22 in 2010 the CGAM chiller using HFC 410a are now sold globally.
    Those chillers aren't Intellipak chillers and they aren't charged with R410A. The point of my post is the OP stated he started up a 60 ton Intellipak and it was 410. Since he posted in the chillers forum, I assumed he was talking about an Intellipak chiller.

I wasn't aware of the CGAN's sold overseas though.

Those chillers aren't Intellipak chillers and they aren't charged with R410A. The point of my post is the OP stated he started up a 60 ton Intellipak and it was 410. Since he posted in the chillers forum, I assumed he was talking about an Intellipak chiller.

I wasn't aware of the CGAN's sold overseas though.
    No problems, we don't see intellipak down here at all, a couple shipped to a job in the early 90's and it was found the product dosn't come up favorably to marine shipment.
    Necessity is the mother of invention