+ Reply to Thread

Thread: at my wits end york!

Post Likes

at my wits end york!

York
    M:ycuz440a3-17pa
    S: refm4023aa

This is not a chiller but it has the millieum controls, so i thought it was close enough. This unit everday or two shuts off, where the display screen goes blank. Voltage on the power board, 12dc on the control board. 12vdc on the display board but this unit is not doing nothing. I can hear an humming coming from the power board but nothing is hot or seems wrong. The large heat sink on the control board gets very hot, never noticed this before. I replaced the control board already, and a relay board. So the customer is pissed cause its still not working. It seems if i power down for 10 mintues it comes back on and says daily schedule shut, then comes back on. Any help thank you.

Post Likes
    Man, I don't no. You may have a sensor going bad and drawing the power supply down. Check that all the sensors are reading accurate even the ones that don't matter. The power supply will squeal like a wounded dog if a sensor or transducer is bad.

Post Likes
    it almost seems the controller board is overheating not sure if it can do that but if i had to guess i dont know? But i do agree there is a short causing a draw. But i forgot to metion it also erases the memory when it trips out like this, the memory being the history and the number of starts.

Post Likes
    Unplug the sensor harnesses from the micro board next time. When the display comes back, you'll know that one of the sensors or cables in that bundle is defective.

Post Likes
    The fact the the board loosses its memory is kind of trippy. You would think that a new control board would have a new batterie. Low power from the power supply board to the control board would turn it off but the memory should be saved by the batterie. Check the batterie, you may have more than one problem here.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in