Honeywell Spyders ERRRRR

Hi, So I go to this job put in almost a year ago, Spyder with vav app and the guy is confussed, says a couple boxes started behaving funny. The setpoint jumps 5deg when he puts it in. Not using WM spt. So I look, in the program find that the Setpoint Calculater has the heating higher than the cooling? Odd but just replace it and ok it works now. Check and a couple others same way. Found a couple other with a 72degF spt a 2deg ramp but spt change of 4-6deg. Tried calling Honeywell world famous nontech support but as of now still no response. I took out the calc and just used a plus minus for spt's. Wonder why HW can't make a product that is stable, I have others that will work a while then act strange, binaries that will read 0 or 255 instead of off - on etc. EERRRRRRRRRR.

Sorry to say it's just not Honeywell controllers that do this. I have had FX Johnson and Distect Controllers do similar things. Be sure you have always downloaded the latest firmware into the controller. A lot of bugs are repaired and sometimes new ones too! lol

Which VAV App are you using?

I this a Hwell VAV app?

I've not used any canned apps, prefer to write my own - I've seen similar behavior when not following the "rules" for linking network points - all sorts of crazy behavior similar to what you described. I would assume a Hwell app would not have that problem...

Is the controller grounded?

Any network communications issues?

forgot...

Does cycling power to controller clear the issues?

Hi, Yeah this was canned app I got with the then new Spyders at a HW class. No comm issues, tried cycling and resetting. As a company have moved on and not doing HW. I can't blame Mgmt, to many issues and headaches. You spend the time and dollars to get it right but get blown out of the water by techicnal issues (read bugs). Things work for a while but then don't, you never know how long till the next problem. They just needed something more reliable. Lets face it, Building Controls are just one of the things HW does. Let them put out a buggy product for the airline or space industry and see what happens. No this is just a side product they have so no big deal to them.