Hello guys,

I don't know anything about air condition - except that it's supposed to make the office a comfortable place to work...

And it's not right now -- and I have arranged a meeting with our aircon contractor - but he is quite beligerent and when we brought our troubles to him before, he claimed that there is nothing that can be done.

We are so desperate, that I 've decided to find some help... so here I am!!

What I would reeeeeeeaaaaaallllly appreciate - is if any of you, could just give me some information with which to arm myself, when I go to the meeting!

OR -- if you agree with him -- at least save me the embarassment, and we will just get some fans/heaters for ourselves.

I work for a multi-national GIANT firm with 100,000s of employees, so I can't imagine that it's our aircon system that is not up to scratch. We are in a prestigeous building in London - 13 floors.

Here is our problem:

We are a 24 hour department (the only one in the building). Come 7pm at night, the temperature drops drastically, causing everyone to don sweaters and coats.

And then, around midnight, it gets so hot, that people sit here with sweat poring from their faces -- and it's not work related stress, I assure you!

During the day (normal office hours) the temp is fine. During the day, there are 40 people working. At night/evening only about 12.

When we walk around the REST of the building - the temperature seems normal -- these areas are large open plan areas, stretching across whole floors.

Our department, due to security, is glassed off, with 2 doors. There are no windows facing outside.

IS IT TRUE THAT NOTHING CAN BE DONE???

IS THERE NOT JUST A DIAL THAT HE CAN SET TO CHANGE THE VOLUME OF AIRFLOW AT A CERTAIN TIME, SO THAT IT ADJUSTS FOR OUR DEPARTMENT??