Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question High discharge pressure, high suction pressure. with high super heat and subcooling

Hi, I just put a new compressor on a gas pack. I charged it to the correct amount of refrigerant o the name tag. My ambient temp. is 100 degrees and the unit running with a high high side pressure a high suction pressure and high superheat and sub cooling. The indoor temp is 87 degrees. i was told that the high indoor temp is why my pressures and temps. are high. And need to wait until the area can be cooled to around 80 degrees to get better pressures. Is that true? or what else could be wrong?

what are the actual pressures?

What are the actual pressures? Actual superheat and subcooling temperature and room temperature?
    If we evolve from the monkey then why are there still monkeys.

GOD Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew26 View Post
    Hi, I just put a new compressor on a gas pack. I charged it to the correct amount of refrigerant o the name tag. My ambient temp. is 100 degrees and the unit running with a high high side pressure a high suction pressure and high superheat and sub cooling. The indoor temp is 87 degrees. i was told that the high indoor temp is why my pressures and temps. are high. And need to wait until the area can be cooled to around 80 degrees to get better pressures. Is that true? or what else could be wrong?
    It would nice if you posted the temps and pressures. Does it have a TXV? Your pressures and temps will be high when the indoor and ambient temps are high.

Question

I have 325psi on the high side and 87psi on the low side. The superheat is 31 degrees and the sub cooling is 40 degrees. It does not have a txv.

did you run a vac on this system before charging?

I would check it again after it pulled the space down.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew26 View Post
    I have 325psi on the high side and 87psi on the low side. The superheat is 31 degrees and the sub cooling is 40 degrees. It does not have a txv.
    A SC reading of 40 degrees would put your line temp at 97 degrees, which would be cooler than your outdoor ambient.

The only way for that to happen would be from incorrect instrument readings or non-condensibles in your system. Evacuate,pump it down and re-charge to name plate then adjuste your charge when it starts cooling down.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Did you use a micron gauge?

How did you figure the subcooling? Do you still use: suction pressure - suction line temp?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    How did you figure the subcooling? Do you still use: suction pressure - suction line temp?
    Subcooling is liquid pressure converted to saturated condensing temp - liquid line temp.

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    A SC reading of 40 degrees would put your line temp at 97 degrees, which would be cooler than your outdoor ambient.

The only way for that to happen would be from incorrect instrument readings or non-condensibles in your system. Evacuate,pump it down and re-charge to name plate then adjuste your charge when it starts cooling down.
    Good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by R123 View Post
    Subcooling is liquid pressure converted to saturated condensing temp - liquid line temp.
    That is true, in a thread in June the OP thought you calculated it by the method in my post. Just wanted to make sure he was measuring right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast