Let me try this one more time....a different way.

Has anyone used the Carrier remote room sensors with the Infinity system?

Do they work well when the Infinity controller uses the average of all the rrs's to control the temp of the house?

Would it work better to use the smart sensors instead of the remote sensors or are the smart sensors for zoning purposes only?

Thanks for the help!

Jeffs

Originally posted by jeffs
    Let me try this one more time....a different way.

Has anyone used the Carrier remote room sensors with the Infinity system?

Do they work well when the Infinity controller uses the average of all the rrs's to control the temp of the house?

If you use a remote temp sensor, there is no average reading taken from the thermostat and remote sensor. The remote sensor will override the room temp sensor in the thermostat. Also, you can only hook up one remote sensor.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.

The reading material I have found for the Infinity controller indicates you can hook up as many as 4 remote room sensors and the system will average the temp of these 4 sensors. The temperature reading on the controller is then discarded in favour of the average of the remote sensors, but the humidity reading on the Infinity controller is still utilized by the system.

I believe if you hook up more than one remote sensor you need to add resistors to the connection of any additional sensors.

I'm wondering if anyone has used these sensors and had any luck with them before I spend the money to get them installed.

Jeffs