Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    here are a just a couple more pics of different installs i've done, i think i finally got the hang of this posting picutre thing. lemme know what you's think. Thanks.

Looks may be deceiving but it appears to be several runs for that small of duct. How did you size the ducts? Everthing looks nice.

well actually it's my boss (who happens to be my father) who sizes everything up. He sizes the ducts, orders the equipment and material and ductwork for me and I install it. I'm only still learning, not quite sure how to size ductwork or take load calculations quite yet.

I agree.. all those flex taking off that small run, for sure the last half will have no air flow!(???)

The workmanship looks good , Nice job wrapping the duct. The first thing I would do is get my nail gun and nail down some plywood under that furnace. In a wide open attic like that I have been known to lay down 3 or 4 sheets. Sooooo much nicer when it needs service. I could swear that is a 16x 14 trunk line with about 20 - 8" drops coming off of it. Looks good to me.

It does look good as far as the workmanship .......great insulating. It does definatly look like too many runs for that size duct but I question the size of the heat runs. Someone said they look like 8", IM just wondering if that is 6" runs with thicker Insullation. I know that a lot of places have been requiring R-11 ductwrap and I also think that is required on the heat runs also. The new energy codes. Wasnt that what some of the guys in california were seeing too. Any of you that have seen the energy standards as far sa insullating and having to seal every joint and seam want to chime in on this?

[Edited by dec on 10-29-2005 at 01:07 AM]

A house that beautiful with such fine ductmanship and there's the cheapo builder cubes! Come on, they belong in a vinyl covered tract subdivision! I know, the builder won't spend the money, it's being spent on the kitchen

Builders cube....? lol never heard it put that way but Im taking it you mean the probably 10 seer plane jane condensor ?

Question

wow first pic no floor
    how big is this house
    look good

the development where these houses are is actually in the middle of a golf course. The first pic is actually the clubhouse which will house lockers and a restaurant and all kinds of other goodies for the members.theres eight units which are all 12ft high in the attic up above.

Your craftsmanship looks good, However from a service standpoint goodluck changing the blower motor on the unit in the attic. You need to leave some clearance in front of the unit for that sort of stuff.

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    I know, the builder won't spend the money, it's being spent on the kitchen

Must be a trend.
    Get back to work.™

Originally posted by weatherpro
    Your craftsmanship looks good, However from a service standpoint goodluck changing the blower motor on the unit in the attic. You need to leave some clearance in front of the unit for that sort of stuff.
    I must agree on that. Also, too much flex. Gonna be some air flow problems there.
    R2B4BTU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast