Red face

I've been servcing and installing lennox equipment for 10 years now and I just replaced my 15th heat exhanger for the G20 wisper heat. dont get me wrong, i love the G26, 51, 60 and especially the 61. But I just can't escape the 15 and 20 wisper nightmare. anyone else feel me? lol

have changed a few g20 heat exchangers. good money for 1 1/2 hours work. we don't build em we just keep em workin.

There have been numerous posts about whisperheat failures.

Are you seeing the same failure rate in older products with the Duracurve heat exchanger? (G12 for example)

to me it seems the older heaters were heavier metal. have seen them fail but not split open like the 16, 20 and 23

Yeah I find the dura curve a lot. U know what I'm talking about, I found 5 cracks in the one today. Very visable. I had my guys take a good look at them. I water test and use a camera on all mine so the customer can see. It's all warenty, but It never hurts for them to see

Originally posted by t527ed
    to me it seems the older heaters were heavier metal. have seen them fail but not split open like the 16, 20 and 23
    Maybe that would explain why Lennox was able to rate the G20 @ 78% AFUE while the older models are 75 (at best) while running. (not including cycling + pilot loses)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the older models were straight steel and generally rusted to death but didn't crack. and the newer models are aluminized steel for corrosion resistance but crack constantly.

Originally posted by amd
    Originally posted by t527ed
    Maybe that would explain why Lennox was able to rate the G20 @ 78% AFUE while the older models are 75 (at best) while running. (not including cycling + pilot loses)

g20 had the damper door that gave them some eff. also first lennox unit to use circuit board for blower timing.