NEED A 101 ON SLAVE DRAWERS

Been working on some Dennys stores and getting whooped. Replacing parts that were never original and not getting it right due to equipment being bootlegged from other stores. Coming across a bunch of ominitemps which I am comfortable with but never ones with slave. For example have 3 evaps in a set of chef drawers one will be medium temp the other 2 low temp and when it goes into defrost all three shut down only the two low tem have heaters but the fan stops on the medium as well. Can someone school me on the way its suppose to be and what they are achieving because this has had ma and pa mechanical all over it for years and I need to get it right.

Check the medium temp drawer and make sure its not electric defrost. It sounds like someone converted that drawer to med. temp.. If this is the case wire fan on that box to hot and disconnect defrost heater. I would suspect if this is the case that the low temp cases would run a little warm due to elevated suction pressure. Off cycle defrost should be good for med temp unit using a a12-700 type control.

The slaves just wont have a temp control and solenoid. If I understand correctly all 3 evaps are in 1 box. If that is the case they should all have heaters.