Hmm

A quick opinion from some Infinity/Evolution familiar person.

I need to hook up an indoor remote air temp sensor to my Evolution control. I have the OATS that was supplied with the control. On the package it clearly states not to connect to S1, S2 on the Evolution. In the install instructions, there is a note pertaining to what S1, S2 used to be for (outdoor air temp sensor) and what they are used for now (indoor remote temp sensor).

So, I'm thinking the warning is on the package because of the change in designation for S1, S2 and not because this thermistor isn't able to be used as an indoor temp sensor. My tech even made the mistake when they did my install. It was freezing outside but my thermostat said it was 72 degrees. He didn't realize they had an OATS connection right on the furnace.

If I am understanding your question, yeah, you can use that outdoor temp sensor as an indoor temp sensor.

Bobby

Negative, the outdoor air temperature sensor supplied with the Infinity/Evolution control can not be used as a remote sensor.

Try this part #SYSTXBBRRSO1

Connect to terminals S1 and S2 and locate in return air path
    "Football Season again finally"

Can anyone tell me how the OAT sensor for an Infinity control is implemented? Does it come with control panel or the thermostat? Or is it an optional part you have to purchase separately? If the OAT is not added, does it use a built-in sensor on the intake side instead?

I have an Infinity furnace, a Performance AC, and at present a simple digital thermostat, not an Infinity thermostat. After reading about he Infinity thermstat's capability I'm suprised that the contractor did not strongly suggest an upgraded thermostat when the furnace was installed.

Jon

outside sensor

Some of the best oil burner techs that could solve a problem just by smell and sound still have some roads to cross when it comes to controls. Controls change all the time with upgrades and that can shock a good old mechanic.

That is why in commercial you have the boiler and AC techs and then the controls techs. They all can do it but how do you keep up if you are working all the time. Give your rep some time to think on this and he will have a solution.

Originally posted by jlk_250
    Can anyone tell me how the OAT sensor for an Infinity control is implemented? Does it come with control panel or the thermostat? Or is it an optional part you have to purchase separately? If the OAT is not added, does it use a built-in sensor on the intake side instead?

I have an Infinity furnace, a Performance AC, and at present a simple digital thermostat, not an Infinity thermostat. After reading about he Infinity thermstat's capability I'm suprised that the contractor did not strongly suggest an upgraded thermostat when the furnace was installed.

Jon
    On your model condenser you will need to add an oat. One is supplied with the infinity or with the thermidistat.

The complete infinity system comes with the oat pre installed in the 2-spd condenser. the oat with the infinity can be saved as a spare.
    "Football Season again finally"

Got it. That make sense now. An OAT sensor is part of the standard Infinity AC. Must be added elsewhere if you have an Infinity furnace but not the Infinity AC. A sensor for this purpose comes with the Infinity Thermidistat. I guess the only part that's still confusing is why the installation instructions for the Infinity thermidistat don't mention where the optional sensor comes from or how it should be mounted. At least now I know for sure that the OAT could be implemented if I decide to go this route. Thanks for the info!

Jon