Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i had to do it on an horizontal upflow that had a long run through a crawl that wasnt insulated yet the funny thing is about 6 months later they started shipping the furnaces with the y and fittings to do it and they still do to this day the affinity models 90% are all shiped with it

We are having the same problem with a 90% carrier. It runs all day without a problem but goes into a lockout code in the middle of the night. It is a long 3" run. I cut the termination elbows off the other day, were suspecting the water is puddling in the last elbow because of condensation and heavier air at night. We're waiting to see.It is also a frustrating situation and several companies have been there and no one yet has the answer. And for the gentlemen that like to bash goodman, for the record this homeowner states his furnace (Carrier) is nothing but a piece of junk.

Originally posted by coolcray3
    i had to do it on an horizontal upflow that had a long run through a crawl that wasnt insulated yet the funny thing is about 6 months later they started shipping the furnaces with the y and fittings to do it and they still do to this day the affinity models 90% are all shiped with it
    I sold York for over 15 years and why they don't get the flaws figured out ahead of time beats me. The problem is they used 1 1/2 inch pipe out of the ventor and the velocity caused by this small pipe keeps the water from draining. A simple cure would be to go back to 2 inch pipe but I guess its easier to make the installer put in the tee. Funny how they seem to have went backwards compared to the furnace it replaced.

YEA I HAVE BEEN AN YORK INSTALLER FOR FOUR YEARS AND FIGURED THAT PROBLEM OUT BEFORE THEY STARTED SHIPPING THE Y WITH THE FURNACE AND I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD ALL BE DONE LIKE THAT IT PROBABLY WIL SAVE THE INDUCER ALOT OF WEAR AND TEAR THAT WAY AND ITS GOT TO BE BETTER FOR IT GETTING ALL THAT CONDENSATION OUT OF THE LINE BEFORE IT GETS BACK TO THE INDUCER ANYWAY SO I INSTALL IT ON ANY 90% THAT I DO NOW.

SO ANYWAY MRSSB IM CURIOUS WAS THAT THE PROBLEM OR WHAT

Firtly, it is a 100k btu furnace just a typo on my part.
    Temp. rise was at 56 when measured the other day, as for model number set it out today at the office to post but never had time to post it, so will post it in the am.
    The vent is 3", and terminates into a sidewall concetric approx. 20' run.
    I can not recall the vent pressures would have to go back and look at previous service ticket.
    The y thing on the York might just work on this case would be willing to give it a try.

Robo if I am not mistaken if the pressure switch was to trip will it not send the furnace into a lookout the first time or does it retry for x number of times?

As for the stat, it does not have a common, but have tried other stats in its place that are not battery powered, and have had the same results. Somebody had asked about putting in a non-prog. stat that has been tried, and it too resulted in the same thing, a cold morning.

Robo you asked for the way the drain is ran.The trap is on the right side of the furnace on the outside and all the hoses route their way to it. Secondary heat exchanger drain goes just below the inducer motor on its way out to the trap. If their is more info neede let me know. Thanks Mark

the y in the 3 inch exaust wil probably work its probably building condensate in that line and cant drain and drains to the inducer al at once when itshuts down.is the exaust from the inducer 1 1/2 or 2 and then goes up to 3 if so the pressure is too much to let it drain until it shuts off and then it fills the inducer so when it comes back on it gets the wrong pressure reading and alsocheck the paper work and see if the hoses to the trap are in the proper place on the trap that will do it too.

if you do trythis just remember to trap the drain coming off the y so it doesnt leak co into the house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12