Post Likes

Bacharach Fyrite Tech 60 Combustion Analyzer

Any One Ever Used The Cheaper Of The Bacharach Combustion Testers. Wonder How Good They Are And How Long They Might Last, Thanks

Post Likes
    I still own my 20 yrs old manual Bacharach kit. You know the one with the smoke gun pump and Red gauge fluid filled CO tester. Still works great...yes I'm a old timer but still learning...doing Controls now.

Post Likes
    I love mine, I have the combustion analizer with the O2 sensor and thats the only complaint I have is the lifespan of the O2 sensors. But other than that I love mine.

Post Likes
    Those O2 Sensors Are Expensive To Replace Arent They?

Also How Long Does That Fluid For The CO In The Old Manual Kit Last For?

Post Likes
    O2 sensors are $140 for just the sensor I calibrate myself with N2. There is no fluid for the CO there is just a CO sensor that looks like the O2 sensor that can be replaced. But the lifespan on the CO sensor is considerably longer than the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor has a shelf life and will expire. The CO sensor will not and should last for many years.

Post Likes
    Im Talkin About The Co Fluid For The Old Kit Like MrBill1979 uses. I Might Just Buy One Of The Older Manual Kits Instead. Im Just Using It For Side Work Anyway.

Post Likes
    I used to clean mine out every 2 years or so and fill with new fluid. We tested mine along side the new electronic ones when the first came out. The old one was about +/-2 percentage points. The old ones just don't have the "wow" factor. lol

Post Likes

Testo

I think I saw the Testo has a 3 year sensor warranty ..... I also like the no nosense answers from these guys too .....http://www.trutechtools.com/Testo-32...ase_p_939.html
    Last edited by bob hubbard; 07-19-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: spellin
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Post Likes
    The 60 is quick to give readings, and works well for diagnostics.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    I have two 60's and they do respond quickly. Been in service for close to ten years. I don't know why you would want to buy the old suitcase kit.
    Local 449?

Post Likes
    i use a ck75 made by uei, it''s ok, the only thing is you have to send in for calibration every 2 years to certify it's working,and change sensors, it runs about 2 1/2 digits if you get my drift, especially if you use the infered printer for a document for readings. if it's not re calibrated after 2 years and something happens it could create issues!