accidentally used poe acid neutralizer in a mineral oil system

Hi, I was in a hurry and put POE oil acid neutralizer in the new compressor for our shop a/c at work that uses mineral oil. I have not charged the system yet. I was wondering if anyone knows what effects it will have on the compressor and rest of the a/c? Also, does anyone know what i would need to do to fix it? I was told that even if i removed the oil with the neutralizer and put new oil in, it would still have some of the neutralizer left in the compressor and is not worth emptying the oil. Is that true?

I have done the same thing before, accidentally, but it was acid neutralizer for mineral oil that I put in a POE system. It really depends where the neutralizer was put in the system. I dumped it into a suction line before I tightened up the rotolocks. I saw the label was for mineral oil only so I cut the lines and blew it out with nitro. Changed the drier a few days later. Everything was fine. If it was dumped right into the compressor, I'd definatly change the oil and put in a good size drier that can be easily changed. Call the manufacturer of the product that you poured in.....There might be some forgiveness in their products with different refrigerants.

I was hoping i was not the only one to make that mistake LOL. Thank you so much for the reply. I poured it the suction port on the compressor. So it is only in the compressor. I will give them a call and then pour the oil out of the compressor and put new mineral oil in. I will change my filter drier also. I really appreciate the fast response. THANKS!

I called the manufacturer. they said that the poe acid neutralizer will work in the mineral oil system. They also said if i had used the acid away for mineral oil in a poe system it would gel up the oil. so, i got lucky LOL. I will finish hooking up the system and go with it. Thank you again.