Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    She stated she was from a Denver Tech school.

Her IP shows from Denver.

She is not one of our two local Trolls unless they are traveling hundreds of miles each time they want to post.

The IP can't be masked. OP is sending from Denver

Thanks everyone

Originally posted by Lusker
    She stated she was from a Denver Tech school.

Her IP shows from Denver.

She is not one of our two local Trolls unless they are traveling hundreds of miles each time they want to post.

The IP can't be masked. OP is sending from Denver

Thanks everyone

And thank YOU,Lusker,for backing me up!!Maybe now we can get on with this thread.

I'm still confused why somebody that admits they only learned the basics, thinks they can start their own biz.

Starting an hvac biz with only basic knowledge is a recipe for disaster.

The real education only begins when you get into the field.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

wow someone comes here for advice and get jumped.
    dolores
    this is a hard trade to get a start in. main reason is money. most companies want trained techs that can be put in a truck and sent out on calls.
    for most of us in here finding a job isnt all that hard because we have a reputation thats goes with us. even if we didnt we have the experience needed for the job.
    hang in there a lot of companies want to train newbies so they can break then in the way they want.
    keep looking send out resumes and goe theough the yelow pages and call. give it time and something will break for you.
    remember one thing you are starting at the bottom and the pay is low also. it takes time to get up to where the cost of the schooling pays off.
    hang in there

Always gender

Tinknocker,

Can you put her to work with you for a while and up date us in a year on how things worked out? That is if you are still in business and have extra time from defending your business decisions .No one is jumping on anyone, this site is about HVAC. She wants advice and it sounds like she just wants some one else to share in her misery.
    The only way she will move forward is to let go of the gender issue stop talking about and blaming things on gender and start thinking about how and what she can do in this trade that some one would appreciate and profit from. The only advice she can get is straight up nice advice, because she has made it clear, some one or something other then her experience and ability has held her back and is keeping her down. We all have obstacles to over come the grass is not always greener on the other side. If you want greener grass water it do not blame the people next door.

It does not take a rocket scientist to see that more energy will be focused on explaining how you run the business or why some one else was being treated better or worst. You will end up having to justify all your business decisions just to make one person happy.

Up date us on how you make out.

Aging needs to grow up?

Re: Always gender

Originally posted by propmanage
    Tinknocker,

Can you put her to work with you for a while and up date us in a year on how things worked out? That is if you are still in business and have extra time from defending your business decisions .No one is jumping on anyone, this site is about HVAC. She wants advice and it sounds like she just wants some one else to share in her misery.
    The only way she will move forward is to let go of the gender issue stop talking about and blaming things on gender and start thinking about how and what she can do in this trade that some one would appreciate and profit from. The only advice she can get is straight up nice advice, because she has made it clear, some one or something other then her experience and ability has held her back and is keeping her down. We all have obstacles to over come the grass is not always greener on the other side. If you want greener grass water it do not blame the people next door.

It does not take a rocket scientist to see that more energy will be focused on explaining how you run the business or why some one else was being treated better or worst. You will end up having to justify all your business decisions just to make one person happy.

Up date us on how you make out.

Aging needs to grow up?

Maybe Propmanage needs to SHUT UP??

Wisdom with true colors

And there you have it, good luck to the one that signs her up and if she cant see it ?

Heat

C+O2+N2--C02+N2+HEAT
    2H2+02+N2--2H20+N2+HEAT

Re: Wisdom with true colors

(deleted)

[Edited by Lusker on 11-15-2005 at 01:09 PM]

Re: Re: Wisdom with true colors

Originally posted by hvacmama
    (deleted)

Lusker,why did you delete my post?

Re: Re: Re: Wisdom with true colors

(deleted)

Lusker,why did you delete my post?
    I am glad you asked... flame or bad language addressed at another member is against the house rules. I am not perfect at catching it all the time but yours was out in the open...

I know why you typed it and can understand why, but alas, I am here to make sure everyone follows the rules Delores.

Click on the link just below.

thx

I can sympathize with and respect hvacmama when she says that she will "just have to work harder" and "not be thin-skinned" (paraphrasing, of course).

But, for me, the question would be: Do I really WANT TO have to try harder and ALWAYS deal with the prejudice from customers? If it was me, I would say NO. If she can handle it then mega-kudos to her.

I'm sure I could work as a nurse or secretary. And I am sure that I could "try harder" and "deal with the prejudice". But do I want do? Hell no. I just want to do my job, I don't have the energy to be a Rosa Parks.

This is not meant as an insult in any way. So please read carefully.

Originally posted by ryan_the_furnace_guy
    I can sympathize with and respect hvacmama when she says that she will "just have to work harder" and "not be thin-skinned" (paraphrasing, of course).

But, for me, the question would be: Do I really WANT TO have to try harder and ALWAYS deal with the prejudice from customers? If it was me, I would say NO. If she can handle it then mega-kudos to her.

I'm sure I could work as a nurse or secretary. And I am sure that I could "try harder" and "deal with the prejudice". But do I want do? Hell no. I just want to do my job, I don't have the energy to be a Rosa Parks.

This is not meant as an insult in any way. So please read carefully.

Lusker,I'm sorry.I lost my head for a moment.It will NOT happen again.

Ryan,point well taken.No offense taken.As a matter of fact I am looking into appliance repair as an alternative way to work in HVAC.I took the suggestion of a couple of the guys on this board and went to a local parts supply house- Johnstone-and checked out their bulletin board.I found a couple of ads that looked promising.One was for Best Buy and the other was for a company called Ecolab(GCS Service Inc.)I researched their site to understand all the areas they specialize in,then applied online.

Does anyone here know anything(or have experience)either with Ecolab or Best Buy(doing installs or service)?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast