Thread: Performance rating lookup help

Post Likes
    Does anyone have performance data on this Trane combination? The contractor lists some high values for both SEER and HSPF, but there is no ARI number at ariprimenet. I don't know another place to look.

4TWX4036
    TUD080R9V4+RXC037S3

Post Likes
    Didn't see that combo with the bigger blower but with the 3 ton drive which is what you need...

Manufacturer: THE TRANE COMPANY

ARI Reference Number: 248926
    ARI Program: HP
    ARI Type: HRCU-A-CB

Trade/Brand Name: XL14i Weathertron
    NAECA Designation: Yes
    Outdoor Model Number: 4TWX4036A1

Indoor Unit(s): TUD080R9V3+RXC036S3
    Ventilation Rate:
    Product Performance Ratings
    ARI Rating
    Cooling Capacity (Btuh): 36000

SEER Rating (Cooling): 13.50
    Heat Pump Only
    High Temp 47° F
    Heating Capacity (Btuh): 35800
    Region IV HSPF Rating: 7.9
    Low Temp 17° F
    Heating Capacity (Btuh): 23200

Post Likes
    Thanks BL.
    The original proposal was 4TWX4036B1 and TUD100R9V5+RXC037S3. 14.5 SEER, 8.5 HSPF. He said the 21 inch coil gives better efficiency and the larger furnace was needed to move air for the 21 inch coil.
    We discussed my reservations about needing a 100K furnace (I ran HVAC-Calc & got 46K loss at 22F). So replace the 100K XV80 with this 80K model. [EDIT: changed to 46 K]
    The 080R9V4 is the same "cabinet size" as the 100K R9V5 with the same fan blade size and 3/4 HP motor (rather than 1 HP). So it should handle the air flow. OK, sounds reasonable to me. The price is small dollars less. What I hope is true is the 14.50 SEER and 9.40 HSPF given for the 80K system.
    In my customary "verify the numbers" check, I could not find the combination on the ARI site. I am hoping someone can give me a lead to another site or that a Trane contractor might have data on this system.

[Edited by i g norant on 11-01-2005 at 03:57 PM]

Post Likes
    Your ratings for the 4 ton drive and 37 will be about the same as the 3 ton drive and 36 coil. But if you want a utility rebate, you must have the ARI rating.

So expect you'll end up 13.50 SEER. You won't get those inflated numbers he's giving unless he can prove it to you with Trane paperwork or an ARI number.

Be sure he sets the blower speed to 3 ton. If he leaves on 4 ton it will be noisy, not dehumidify as it should in the summer and be drafty in the winter.

Post Likes

e-mail is a wonderful thing, eh?

I received these 2 pages of data in an e-mail. Whatcha think? Hope the links work.
    What is Trane UPG? (top left of pages)
    Heating data
    Cooling data

Post Likes
    Wonder why they don't ARI rate that match instead of the other one? This is much more impressive

Post Likes
    Data is from a friend of a friend of a friend, etc. My friend sent it to me.
    I don't know where it came from. I guess it is genuine. Have you Trane guys seen these types of data before?
    P.S. I'm not totally paranoid

Post Likes

Re: e-mail is a wonderful thing, eh?

Originally posted by i g norant
    What is Trane UPG?
    U nitary P roducts G roup
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in