Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    OP, I think its time to jack her up to 350# ...
    Hitting it tomorrow with this idea. No more Mr. Nice Pressure.

Did you replace the schrader valves?

Had a leak on a discharge line on a compressor once. No oil and only found it while the unit was running, took a lot of evaporating soap bubbles to find it. Break out the dye and lamp if the high pressure doesn't work.

Lane

does it have rubber supper hoses? Ive seen those not leak while the compressor is off. but when the compressor is running it start spraying gas.

only seen it where the rubber cracks right at the crimped connection.

Is this unit kept full of product while you work on it? You charge it up and have to work on it running? Hard to find a leak in a cold evap.

If you can't find a leak with dye, check where you have the least amount of oil in the system. The oil is what carries the dye.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Kevin... got to keep it PG rated, thx

I've had a huffer pull refrigerant until I used security caps. Drove me nuts. If you used dye then a hot leak would still show up with a UV light.
    I seriously can't believe people do this. I just heard about an apartment complex haveing like 10 units huffed.

Quote Originally Posted by coolitjoe View Post
    I seriously can't believe people do this. I just heard about an apartment complex haveing like 10 units huffed.
    What do you think drove me to be so crazy and volunteer to run this place... stick a liquid and a suction line in me and you'll get some great superheat. Can't say so much about the subcooling though.

If you were not the site administrator, I would tell you that I figured you had some subcooling because you were stacked full of. .......,
    but since you are the site admin, I wont tell you that..

Man..where did that last bant credit go..I know I left it here somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by trouble time View Post
    Could be a hot leak. System is good when everything is cold when the condenser heats up a pinhole starts leaking. Closes when everything cools down.
    just a thought.
    Check for crack on discharge line. When cold seals up. Heats up will blow charge. Usually around a bend in the tubing. If its blowing that much freon, that fast, more than likely on high side of system.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    If you were not the site administrator, I would tell you that I figured you had some subcooling because you were stacked full of. .......,
    but since you are the site admin, I wont tell you that..
    Since when did that stop ya??

Quote Originally Posted by coolitjoe View Post
    Yup! They do it. Had a lady customer that I went back to three times in a month. Ran entire system each time. No leaks. Recharged installed caps and marked caps on bottom. Sure enough Monday morning back out again. Caps had been moved. Noticed motion light right above unit. Found bulbs had been loosened. Told customer to run down to hardware store and pick up buzz bulb. Which I installed for her. She called following morning. She said it went off at 9:00 PM caught next door neighbor's kids with a bag and a piece of hose. Neighbor paid bill.

Thumbs up Nice Job

Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    Yup! They do it. Had a lady customer that I went back to three times in a month. Ran entire system each time. No leaks. Recharged installed caps and marked caps on bottom. Sure enough Monday morning back out again. Caps had been moved. Noticed motion light right above unit. Found bulbs had been loosened. Told customer to run down to hardware store and pick up buzz bulb. Which I installed for her. She called following morning. She said it went off at 9:00 PM caught next door neighbor's kids with a bag and a piece of hose. Neighbor paid bill.
    Nice trick .
    If we evolve from the monkey then why are there still monkeys.

GOD Bless America.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast