+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well looks like i am going form sman3 to testo550

Post Likes

Well looks like i am going form sman3 to testo550

Nothing against fieldpiece but i am having more problems and the place where i got my sman3 are going to trade them out for the testo550.I'll have my testo's wensday. But to travis and russ you guys have been great and thanks for all the help..

Post Likes
    I bought some 550s last week and really like them. They seem very well built and feel solid. The hook does seem like it could be a weak point...

Post Likes
    What's the over under on how long before he gets a Digi-Cool
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    I bought some 550s last week and really like them. They seem very well built and feel solid. The hook does seem like it could be a weak point...
    I dug out myDigi-Cool 1250 from under the pile in the back of my truck and found the hook bent over at 90 degs.
    I think my big two wheeler must have dropped on it.
    I had a chuckle then bent the hook back straight with a pair of channel locks and went back to work

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by allenb2626 View Post
    Nothing against fieldpiece but i am having more problems and the place where i got my sman3 are going to trade them out for the testo550.I'll have my testo's wensday. But to travis and russ you guys have been great and thanks for all the help..
    Whats so wrong with it that you're getting a 550?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I dug out myDigi-Cool 1250 from under the pile in the back of my truck and found the hook bent over at 90 degs.
    I had a chuckle then bent the hook back straight with a pair of channel locks and went back to work
    Ive only bought one digital manifold and I wont have to buy another. I got the 1250's as well. I use them on what ever manifold I want. Hell I even change them every now and again. No BS there. Never had a problem. Best part is its ALL field repairable.

When will people stop buying tools based solely on upfront cost?

BTW OP good luck with the Testo's. My buddy has them and he bought a pair of 1250's and took the 550's of the truck LMAO
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    i would love to have some digi cools but the cost isnt cheap lol..i love how u can change things out they are really nice..whats wrong well just seems my high side valve likes to stick and not work i tryed different hose's u name it took the other hose's use them on my YJ's they work great i took my low loss fitting off tryed a valve fitting some problem. say i have a over charged system i want to let some out tru the high side nothing i have to take the sman3's off and use my yj's...

Post Likes
    i would love to have some digi cools but the cost isnt cheap lol..i love how u can change things out they are really nice..whats wrong well just seems my high side valve likes to stick and not work i tryed different hose's u name it took the other hose's use them on my YJ's they work great i took my low loss fitting off tryed a valve fitting some problem. say i have a over charged system i want to let some out tru the high side nothing i have to take the sman3's off and use my yj's...
    Allen,

Is this your first one? Or have you had the same problem with two different units?

Post Likes
    same problem with all of them..this one doesn't seem to do it all the time. i have tryed everything i can think of changing hoses u name it. Also this one here the temps on the clamps i have done the ice water and i have also tryed to set them with using the temp my amp probe said and dialing them into that same temp seems they dont want to stay set...

Post Likes
    same problem with all of them..this one doesn't seem to do it all the time. i have tryed everything i can think of changing hoses u name it. Also this one here the temps on the clamps i have done the ice water and i have also tryed to set them with using the temp my amp probe said and dialing them into that same temp seems they dont want to stay set...
    Have you tried not using hoses at all and just using brace fittings to block the valve. The only reason I ask is we've had a lot calls that with a similar problem that had to do with the improper set up. In any case i am just trying to help and if you want to give us another shot i'll test the exact one before i send to replace the one you have. Give me a call at 714 634 1844. -Russ

Post Likes
    allenb... I have had my testos' since we had a on line buy here on the website--bout a year and a half now-- I have had no problems with mine and they r used daily
    It is what it is unless I say differently !!!!

Post Likes
    I had a high side problem yesterday. It wouldn't register at all. I thought it might be the valve so i got the analogs out and the high side came right up. Tried the SMANS today on a different system and the high side came up normal. Makes me think it's wonky.
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"-Dr. Strangelove (1964)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    Have you tried not using hoses at all and just using brace fittings to block the valve. The only reason I ask is we've had a lot calls that with a similar problem that had to do with the improper set up.
    What are brace fittings to block the valve?
    I've never heard of improperly setting up hoses to a service manifold but I guess it's possible.

Post Likes

Guess you didnt pull them out from those flimsy temp probe wires

Post Likes
    I know what your saying

Not that it matters but I made my own with thick wiring and picked up my gauge by the sensors today without blinking.

FWIW the new clamps from Digi-Cool have a thick wiring.
    Its like one side of a lamp cord now and longer than most that are being made these days if that matters in your line of work.
    Some of these other sensors are barely as long as a regular set of hoses.

Post Likes
    I know what your saying

Not that it matters but I made my own with thick wiring and picked up my gauge by the sensors today without blinking.

FWIW the new clamps from Digi-Cool have a thick wiring.
    Its like one side of a lamp cord now and longer than most that are being made these days if that matters in your line of work.
    Some of these other sensors are barely as long as a regular set of hoses.
    Thats nice to hear that the wire gauge issues have been addressed.

I am also going to pick up the ak900 if it ever comes out. I used one at RSL about a month ago for a couple minutes and really liked it.

Post Likes
    I dont see how i could have a wrong set up with hose's all Yj hose even the fittings i have two full sets. my problem really is at times say i have unit thats over charged so i want to let some out using my high side it will open and let some out then just stop right in the middle nothing is coming out to me if ur at 400ps and the valve is open something should want to come out...but then at times it may work fine dont get it..thats the problem i have had with the other 2..

Post Likes
    What is happening is the teflon plug that seals the valve when u close it is coming out of the valve, and blocking the high side, to the middle hose.

Take the valve out, and you'll see how easy that plug pulls out, when utighten the valve real tight, that plug gets loose, then when u have high pressure comibg threw that direction, it plus the passage up.

I've worked on mine and haven't had that problem for the last month, I'm still trying to figure out how to make that plug stay in real tight, but I've found that if u don't over tighten the valve, the plug will stay, I wish there was some thibg that could make brass and teflon stick to each other, it would eliminate this issue.

Post Likes
    i know but why should we keep on having to do this my Yj's work great had them for a year seen other guys have no problems like this with other manifolds

Post Likes
    i agree, once work slows down i will take mine apart and make a permanent fix.
    thats the only issue ive had with mine, everything else about them is great.

i also have the testo 550, i like them as well, the manifold is better, and the hose connectors move so its easy to reconnect your hoses. the problem with them is the temp clamps have a very thin wire, it will wear out at the plug, youll have to wiggle it around for it to work, if they make a better clamp id buy it. didnt get 2 months out of them both. the gauge set still works great, i just use my own temp sensers when i use that set.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in