Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by airworx
    bryant is top of the line equipment
    I am sure that all the folks that have bought Carrier over Bryant all these years will be fit to be tied, I am almost positive they though Carrier was there top line but what do I know I sell Ruud.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

The A/C is not the main concern here in Toronto but the furnace.
    Looks like this Goodman/Amana GMV9 is a good build/up to date/technological furnace and the warranty is good too:
    -heat exchanger - lifetime warranty
    -furnace will be replace if the heat exchanger breaks in the first 10 years
    -2 years parts and labor
    -5 years parts + the contractor (in this business since 1987) gave me labor and maintenance free for the first 5 years.

As long as you sugested that is not a big difference between 13 seer and 14 seer I think I will be ok with it.

Also the contractor has very good referrals and personal I know 2 of his customers (they are very satisfied with the service).

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by dash
    The Devil made me do it,you know the one!!!LOL

[Edited by dash on 11-02-2005 at 07:08 AM]
    Oh, I have no doubt the devil made you do it. The devil is after all the master of deceit, and you are certainly the devils little helper when it comes to being honest and fair about brands.
    That's "In your ,less than ,humble opinion".

Hey guys, this topic is about Goodman/Amana GMV9 + CLQ Series 14 SEER, not about personal fights.

Now for those trying to help:

I just got the 14 seer 3 Ton instead of 13 seer 3 Ton for CAD 100.oo more (because they are off season now).

Finally I made the deal for GMV9 + CLQ Series 14 SEER 3 Ton.

Thanks again.

[Edited by nea on 11-03-2005 at 08:09 AM]

Before you tell us what to do,you might want to read the rules!
    No price questions allowed,but since it's there,you are paying way too much for what you are getting!!LOL!!

NEA I can't tell you if that is a good price or not. There are too many variables to consider and you are correct this is not the place to bring our personal conflicts.

The price is good if you are satisfied with the work and the comfort it provided by the equipment. You are ahead of the game because you know customers of the contractor and they were satisfied with their work.

Congratulations sounds like you made a good choice will have a good quality product in your home that will bring you good service and comfort for many years to come.

We also appreciate your letting us know your final decision and would appreciate and occasional update.

Thank You
    Al Fowler

And you cannot believe a word that dash states. Although he is a competent technician and contractor, he just cannot be trusted to give any advice on Goodman equipment because of his preferred ignorance of it.

To dash, Carrier is the only brand worthy of installation because that is what he sells. I really do pity any of his customers that do not have Carrier equipment. You can bet your bottom dollar he will be condemning perfectly good systems so he can sell them a Carrier though.

I really don't know why these brand bashers and brand whores keep posting antagonistic rhetoric and misinformation all over the forum. Why an otherwise competent tech would lower him/herself to such tactics is beyond me. It is not helpful and just gives others the oportunity to talk up the virtues of the very equipment that the basher/whores are trying to make sound bad.

Hey, don't buy the brand that more contractors have preferred to install, making it the top single brand seller on two continents. Of course all of those people who are being kept comfy with Goodman equipment have been duped by the evil empire. Sure; they may have saved money by not going for features they don't need but what good is money in the bank instead of in the pockets of the manufacturers of HVAC equipment?

[Edited by RoBoTeq on 11-02-2005 at 07:57 PM]
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

What a joke and fool you are,we have more brands under service contract then any 5 competitors in our area.

Still doesn't make Goodman a top brand,Low price leader ,you got it and thats it.

Most customer care about comfort and peace of mind,not available from the low price leader,your montra!!!!!!Stick with it,it working fine for the rest of us,many other brands,noen want to be the low price leader,just one,low price,low features low comfort,WHAT"S YOUR COMFORT WORTH TO YOU????

Take your time thinking about it,I'll be back in a few days,miss you,don't wish you could go with us!!!LOL

What is your purpose for posting on this thread dash? Why are you being such an ass?

Thank you guys!

You're just doing a great job being so helpfully for people like me with no or little knowledge on HVAC equipment.

I will post a first impression on the package I got sometimes next week. Just for the furnace for now.

I am sorry about posting the price (my totally mistake) and I will edit that post.

Thanks again.

If the Bryant is the Evolution Furnace and Control,it's worth looking into the differences in "comfort" features and ease of operation.

Your Bryant contact should be able to explain them or check the Bryant website.

Purpose in posting on this thread??Well,Robo,the OP mentioned Bryant and above was my response,since then you have been ,inspiring me,to respond to your attacks.

I'm sure everyone one can see how I really tried to sell the Bryant/Carrier product here,so I guess I must deserve your BS.

[Edited by dash on 11-05-2005 at 01:04 PM]

If the Bryant is the Evolution Furnace and Control,it's worth looking into the differences in "comfort" features and ease of operation.

Your Bryant contact should be able to explain them or check the Bryant website.

Purpose in posting on this thread??Well,Robo,the OP memtion Bryant and above was my res[ponse,since then you have been ,inspiring me,to respond to your attacks.

I'm sure everyone one can see how I really tried to sell the Bryant/Carrier product here,so I guess I must deserve your BS.
    My apologies dash. Jumping from the thread title to new posts only, I had forgot that the Bryant was also considered.

I always welcome rational comparisons of brands if similar features are being compared. I am not familiar with this Bryant furnace so I don't know if it is comparable to the Amana furnace mentioned or not. As mentioned though, that GMV9 furnace is a very nice furnace.

It's not often we in our trade see units that actually do more then they claim to do. Take a look at the ratings of the 95% version of that GMV9 and then look at the specs on the furnace. The specs remain the same, it is only the rating that has changed. This is proof that that furnace always was "at least" 95% efficient even though its advertized rating is 93%.

[Edited by RoBoTeq on 11-05-2005 at 12:07 PM]

Stainless Steel and aluminized-steel heat exchangers both carry limited lifetime warranties (in many cases). Suggesting that SS=aluminized.

Yet in many brands only the units in the higher-end have SS, suggesting that SS is better.

I M confused.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast