Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Looks like using Goodman's name brings more attantion:

Goodman/Amana in Toronto
    Hi everyone,

I am living in Toronto and the time came to replace the old furnace I have.
    After doing some readings about furnaces and Central AC units I have decided to go for Bryant 90i Plus (or Day_and_Night brand plus a Bryant Central AC).
    Being in conntact with some HVAC contractors, another recomandation came from them: the new series from Goodman/Amana(and the price $1000 - $1200 less)

Furnace
    GMV9 -
    93% Variable Speed 90K BTU Gas Furnace up to 5 Ton (with DC motor)
    (http://www.goodmanmfg.com/consumer/selectSide.act?side=3&requestedSite=Goodman)

AC Unit
    CLQ36 -
    3.0 ton Goodman 14 seer central system (or maybe 3.5 ton)
    (http://www.goodmanmfg.com/consumer/changeTab.act?newTab=Product&requestedSite=Goodman )

The house has 2800 - 3000sqf, 2 storey, 4 bedrooms with a finished basement (family room in basement).

Any sugestions will be really apreciated.

Thanks.

Used with a CA*F060*** coil, that system will be rated at 14.5 SEER http://securenet.goodmanmfg.com/pdf/...Lit/SS-339.PDF

It is a very nice system with great capabilities for dehumidification using only a standard humidistat.

I know nothing about the other Bryant brand model.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Used with a CA*F060*** coil, that system will be rated at 14.5 SEER http://securenet.goodmanmfg.com/pdf/...Lit/SS-339.PDF

It is a very nice system with great capabilities for dehumidification using only a standard humidistat.

I know nothing about the other Bryant brand model.

Hi RoBoTeq,

Do you think 3 ton (14 seer) and 90K will be enough for the size of my house?

Thanks.

The only way to properly calculate the capacity of an HVAC system is to do a load calc. A one shot load calc is available on this site at the top of the page. For less then $50, I highly recommend all HOs have this data available when shopping for HVAC systems.

The only way to properly calculate the capacity of an HVAC system is to do a load calc. A one shot load calc is available on this site at the top of the page. For less then $50, I highly recommend all HOs have this data available when shopping for HVAC systems.
    I will do.

In regards of the quality: there are any known issues with this package? The quality seems to be OK?

Thanks.

[Edited by nea on 11-01-2005 at 09:23 AM]

No particular issues have come across my desk on these components.

No particular issues have come across my desk on these components.

I just got the call back from the contractor; the AC unit will be 13 seer not 14 seer. (The price difference is around 300 bucks).

Is this bad, not to bad, should I pay the extra bucks to go for 14 seer?

Thanks.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    If the Bryant is the Evolution Furnace and Control,it's worth looking into the differences in "comfort" features and ease of operation.

Your Bryant contact should be able to explain them or check the Bryant website.

bryant is top of the line equipment if matched with bryant reliant deluxe air conditioner. that is a goodman furnace and coil and is bottom of the line hence the 1000 dollar differance.

That Airworks is an arsine statement the GMV9 is top of the line Goodman and in my opinion superior to the Bryant model. The Goodman has a better heat exchanger.

NEA as far as efficiencies for the A/C would seem to me that A/C is not your biggest concern in Toronto. The Goodman 13 or 14 SEER will have a lifetime compressor part warranty. The energy savings you would realize between a 13 SEER and a 14 SEER will be minimal at best and would take a long time to pay out the difference. Of course I don't know your climate but I suspect your cooling season is not long or very hot.

Either system you have inquired about is capable of providing years of trouble free comfort if properly installed and maintained. Proper sizing installation and maintenance is key to any brands quality and longevity.

Personally I would say go with the Goodman but go with the company that you feel will do the better job. I would recommend getting referrals from past and current customers of anyone you choose to do the work.

Someone like dash can not even be considered a truthful source of information. Just look at his sig line. You will never get an honest or respectable comment from him on brands.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    The Devil made me do it,you know the one!!!LOL

[Edited by dash on 11-02-2005 at 07:08 AM]

Originally posted by dash
    The Devil made me do it,you know the one!!!LOL

[Edited by dash on 11-02-2005 at 07:08 AM]
    Oh, I have no doubt the devil made you do it. The devil is after all the master of deceit, and you are certainly the devils little helper when it comes to being honest and fair about brands.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast