Confused

I have a GE BWE924G100E0 eletric heater in my apartment. I am responsibile for changing the filter. I am confused because the filter instructions say to put the "wire side" of the filter facing the "fan". Where is the fan?

The filter slot is towrads the bottom of the unit.

Thanks for your help with my ignorant question.

The wire side will be away from you (toward the inside of the furnace) The wire is there to give the filter stability and keep it from collapsing because of the air pressure against it.

Thank you for the quick answer. My filter installs in the other direction. Wire facing up or down. Any ideas?

up, the fan is in the furnace.

also, check monthly for optimum efficiency and performance.

Thumbs up Wire BACKing

Originally posted by captain mayo
    Thank you for the quick answer. My filter installs in the other direction. Wire facing up or down. Any ideas?
    Wires on the BACK of the Filter
    are located on the DOWN Stream side.

Put the wire side in so you don't see them.

How many ways can one say: INTERIOR?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

There are probably a lot of ways to say "interior", I do not see any side of my filter when I install it. Just the small side panel with the filter size printd on it.

Thank you everyone for your help.

The slot is probably at one end of your unit. The wires go on the side toward the middle of the unit.