Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Another fun one. 1972 Lennox stuff, old HS8 still humming along but leaking like so many of them did

Furnace under the stairs with low clearance

So the evap was a slab coil in a duct coming off the plenum

It took 3 of us to lift the coil down. The 1972 installers had a message for us beat into the fins

View of the new furnace. Smart salesman, picked a 34" furnace with 17" coil box!!!

You can see what Rick did where the old coil was

Customer was tickled with the A/C. 3.5 ton 12 SEER with Benchmark scroll was so quiet he could sit in his nearby hottub without being disturbed

Old lineset when under the garage slab into the crawl then to the basement. New one was buried in a trench, then through the deck into the crawl. Totally invisible.

Looks just like mine. Still cooking along

Nice job, I bet they'll be happy when they get thier energy bills.

That space looked like catch 22, you can't stand or kneel, were they hunched over for the majority of that install?

Nice looking work. I like the idea of using those little leveling legs, nice touch. Where do you get those?

Legs come from Hughes Supply.

very nice looking install. We're using a whole lot of Weatherking too. Hughes gives us a plate that says Rheem Corsair that plugs onto the door over the Weatherking sticker. Do you ever use those? Also I was wandering, how big is that house?
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Another nice install. I like the hidden linesets. Great metal work again. How long did this change out take? And with how many guys?

I see you mentioned salesman. Does the tech diagnose the problem, then a salesman is sent out?
    Get back to work.™

Another great install.

What did the installer write into the coil?? "-----.. Sucker"?

Never used any other stickers. Many customers will buy whatever we suggest. The house is a tri-level. Old furnace was 165K with 4 ton. I did the HVAC-Calc but can't recall size. Lots of SW facing glass bumped cooling up. We used an 09 furnace and 3.5 ton.

This was a 2 day 2 guy change. Tech turned in a sales lead after having to refill the unit and salesman went out.

is it from the flash or do you guys use like some kind of polish on your metal? all your metalwork in your posts always looks so virgin....never touched...really nice work.

Beautiful job.

Is the line set just buried. We put ours in a 3" or 4" flexible drain pipe. Seal the ends with spray foam insulation to keep water out.

Ever have problems with that?
    If you think our goverment is screwed up. You haven't lived in another country.

Originally posted by mayguy
    Another great install.

What did the installer write into the coil?? "-----.. Sucker"?

Yep... imagine back in '72, the lowlife just finishing his artwork when the Mrs. pops around the corner to offer him iced tea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast