Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by htg guy
    Originally posted by airconman
    Defend what ya want but you guys make it sound like I was brand bashing... no I have my opinion you have yours.
    Just by titling your post the way you did, shows you to be a "brand basher".
    If you can't back the brand you sell, then don't sell it. If you sell a certain brand furnace, its your responsibility to learn all the specifics about that brand and its warranty coverages. When an HO asks you a question about a furnaces warranty, you don't make yourself look good by having to tell them that you'll have to call somebody and find out.If you can't be confident in selling what you sell move on to another brand.
    As you have stated, the problem was not due to the furnace, it was due to an improper install. Fix what caused the problem and move on.
    Amen!

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Goodman does not really have a "dealer" base other then for those who sell over a specific amount of Goodman equipment.
    I am going to take a wild guess that all these guys you do not call dealers are also the hundreds of thousands who do not get any training either, but yet they can buy and install Goodman equipment in people’s homes endangering their lives.

Im like troyorr, sell many brands. goodman and gibson are comparibly priced.I dont understand your conflicting statemaent airconman ,about that.Same warranty too.
    Goodman will stand behind the warranty.You charge for the labor. Sounds like you have 3 nice jobs to correct.
    But the question is why the premature failure? Any furnace will fail if not installed right.
    Can you give specifics on temp. rise,airflow,comb analysis,etc. and installation characteristics on these 3 jobs? Did the same person install them?
    never say never

Originally posted by madeinusa
    Goodman does not really have a "dealer" base other then for those who sell over a specific amount of Goodman equipment.
    I am going to take a wild guess that all these guys you do not call dealers are also the hundreds of thousands who do not get any training either, but yet they can buy and install Goodman equipment in people’s homes endangering their lives.
    couldnt wiat to jump on this could ya. lol
    this is a bogis comment because most of the new construction installers dont have a clue. they just do as they are told and keep repeating the same mistake.this is why i got out of new construction because it was changeing. hire the cheap labor to keep the price low and keep one or two guys to watch over the rest. each company is differant depending on size as to how many qualified techs they keep verses how many hands they need. goodman is big in the new construction field because of price. some of the others are used but i tend to think goodman is the most popular. this isnt goodmans fault it is the contractor that dont care who or how it goes in just get it done and fast. quality and fast in most cases dont go together. you want safe and quality installer then blast the companies that hire the unqualified. not the manufactor.besides all this goodman bashing is getting realy old. time for a new brand to beat up
    wayne

Goodmans suppliers may be the most notorious for selling to unlicsensed contractors. But thier all guilty. A licsense doesnt mean you will preform quality work. Im re training an ex -Lennox hack who s Ex Co. is banctrupt. He cant believe the detail we expect from a goodman,frigidaire, or other product we install.He's learning the difference from the Lennox dealer that sent him out to do Armstrong changeouts. No permit,slam ,bam, thank you mam!
    never say never

I really can't figure out why contractors give two craps about who buys and installs any equipment other then not wanting to deal with a distributor that would sell to their customer. On this matter, I was fighting distributors over doing this long before the most popular HVAC company was even in business.

There will always be hacks and there will always be DIYers who can find ways to overpay for HVAC equipment. Both of these apply to literally all brands, so why the need to condemn only some based on percentage factors?

DIYers help contractors more then hinder them. Because of bad installs, contractors have a lot more paying work. The only ones that get stung by bad DIY installs are the DIYer themselves and the manufacturers of the equipment that has to be warrantied.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

The problem with selling so many goodman furnaces on the internet to DIYs is the fact that the installs will be poorly done more often than not,however the DIY will always blame the unit and not themselves ,then they will tell their friends/coworkers that the unit is no good and we all know that bad news travels much faster than good news.

Originally posted by alberta
    The problem with selling so many goodman furnaces on the internet to DIYs is the fact that the installs will be poorly done more often than not,however the DIY will always blame the unit and not themselves ,then they will tell their friends/coworkers that the unit is no good and we all know that bad news travels much faster than good news.
    That is exactly what I am referring to and why Goodman stipulates in their warranty that the warranty is void on equipment purchased through the Internet.

ask yourself this. why do goodman posts on here go on for 20 pages? Why does goodman put so many rollout switches on their product ?? Why when you find heat exchangers bad in lennox heil tempstar etc., why is it ya find a hairline crack and in goodman it looks like they had an M 80 go off in em? Is this so their dealers can find the hole easier? I'd like to be a mouse in the corner when after gettin on your knees in front of your customer worshipping the goodman furnace and then finding out the heat exchanger failed after 2 to five years what ya tell em then? But in all fairness I would put a goodman in before I would put in a Frasier Johnson. well ah let me give that some thought. One furnace you won't find in my house is a goodman. Just my opinion. You would think, with all the problem goodman has they would actually have air flow classes, to help prevent some of that. Good installs are a must whatever you do... but all brands seem to have good installs and bad installs so that aint the whole problem.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I really can't figure out why contractors give two craps about who buys and installs any equipment other then not wanting to deal with a distributor that would sell to their customer. On this matter, I was fighting distributors over doing this long before the most popular HVAC company was even in business.

There will always be hacks and there will always be DIYers who can find ways to overpay for HVAC equipment. Both of these apply to literally all brands, so why the need to condemn only some based on percentage factors?

DIYers help contractors more then hinder them. Because of bad installs, contractors have a lot more paying work. The only ones that get stung by bad DIY installs are the DIYer themselves and the manufacturers of the equipment that has to be warrantied.

Replacements systems should be a source of profit.When you lose a sale of that magnitude,you'll be hard pressed to make it up in servicing that unit.

Goodman threads on this forum go on and on because of the few brand bashing idiots that just keep making stuff up or beating dead horses.

Hell, I sure don't mind. These threads give me a chance to say more about the Goodman product then any other media I know of.

Like I have stated before; "please!!!! If I go to work for another brand manufacturer, please bash that brand."

I post mostly on Goodman issues because it is what I currently know best. Unfortunately, there are a few on this forum that post on Goodman issues that just do not know what they are talking about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123