Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    yap my mistake sorry it has 3 000's 0007623988
    ok goodman distributors are a tellin me that ... one says it qualifies for the tubular upgrade specifically PMN-113
    and the other says the furnace is too old for that. soooo which is it? and yes I think I know what causes problems but that aint the question is it? just a simple one. YES it has the lifetime warranty on it. sorry bout makin a serial number mistake.... I am a Goodman dealer but don't tell nobody please cause I don't push em... It was sunday and I didn't have the warranty info on that particular brand and the dealer toolkit was not helpful. Defend what ya want but you guys make it sound like I was brand bashing... no I have my opinion you have yours. It so happens that dealer that put it in is out of business go figure. You and I both know why you want to be a goodman dealer and its cost. don't blow up my dress ok.

Screw you pal! I tried to help you and I get this kind of attitude? Do what you want.

As far as you "simple question"; you are correct. It certainly was a "simple" question when you ask whether or not a 5 year old furnace has a lifetime warranty. It makes no difference. Just do your job and fix it or let someone else do it.

And yes; I do know the answer to whether or not this qualifies for an upgrade furnace. But I'll be damned if I'm going to tell you, just to have you cop an attitude again.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

you guys would rather defend goodman rather than answer a question. all I see you guys doin is makin smarta.. comments to people. It isn't my fault your only a Goodman dealer. Customer wanted to know what the warranty was I didn't know if it was 10 or lifetime. And as normal your trying to come up with reasons to defend Goodman without having too. I thought I'd save 300 responses by keeping the question simple. No such luck. You guys aren't happy unless your harassing people that ask a question without ONE F...... Response on the question itself. no wonder you have time to hang out in here during peek hours. And Robo if you told me I'd have the urge to double check anyway so thanks not.

I'm confused. How can you be a Goodman dealer but you don't "push" the brand? Are you a dealer or do you just sell Goodman? I'm a licensed contractor and I sell new equipment. I'm not a Rheem, Rudd, Weatherking, Goodman, Armstrong, Concord, Bryant, Payne dealer. These are all brands I can sell though. I beleive your best bet would be to talk to a Goodman distributer. Coming here will only get you grief. Plus, none of us have the authority to determine your specific warrenty claim. Best of luck and keep us posted.

ok tubular upgrade. From now on I will warranty the heat exchanger on goodmans only if we sell them. Yes I am a Goodman dealer. no I don't push em. I am a Frigidaire westinghouse, Gibson, (nordyne) Trane dealer also. I put Goodmans in only if the person just can't afford the better furnaces. or govt programs.
    as far as the warranty goes. Tubular upgrade gives the dealer minimal parts labor allowance. In other words ya feel like ya been bent over. Wish I'd a seen that one a comin a little sooner. Yes it was underducted. The limit seems to not help on the goodmans as they seem in this area ducted right or not to have a heat exchanger problem on the older models. the new models goodman has hasn't been out long enough to know yet.
    Goodman has this problem and you all know it, they sell to anyone it seems like and when some dealer walks in and TELLS the customer hey ya gots a big ol problem with your duct and YOU WILL end up with a broken heat exchanger you get this well this guy put in my friends and no problems. But yet that supposed dealer is no where to be found. The Trane I know the limit on those is designed to FAIL on the third shut down. VERY GOOD IDEA!!!
    I do know when ya walk in a house and they come short of threatening your life as you know it if you offer them a goodman it isn't just me!!!

what is this tubular upgrade. is the replacement exchanger a tubular. or is a replacement furnace tubular.

PMN 113 tubular upgrade
    furnace replacement is available if the homeowner pays the dealer ... the dealer may buy a furnace for ...
    the heat exchanger may still be changed out if the homeowner prefers.
    My scoop is you as a dealer won't be to happy with the labor and parts agreement especially if it needs to be remodified on the install of it. Carefull what ya step into on this, it don't wipe off good on this particular changeout.

Would anyone else here rate a Nordyne condensing furnace over a Goodman condensing furnace? I really am just asking for opinions on this. I find it difficult to believe there is much out there that is a better value then the Goodman condensing furnaces.

And...air_conman, unless you are a Goodman A-Plus Dealer, you are not a Goodman dealer. Goodman does not really have a "dealer" base other then for those who sell over a specific amount of Goodman equipment. These contractors benefit from a program that Goodman has called the A-Plus program.

gee they didn't tell me that robo.. even gave me a password and everything.

There are some brands I refuse to get involved with. There is a supply house in town that will sell a certian brand of furnace that shall remain unnamed to whoever walks in the door. I know this because I went on a sales call for add-on a/c and the guy wanted me to install a peice of equipment he bought. I asked him where he got it and he told me a Brand X supply. I asked how he bought it without being a contractor and he said when they asked for a license he just put his money on the counter and they said good enough. I hear that quite often about this place. Their dealer protection is anyone is a dealer as long as they can pay.
    For an inexpensive furnace that gives me no problems is Arcoaires builder model equipment. Economical and reliable. I like that and the supplier only sells to licensed HVAC contractors.

Originally posted by airconman
    Defend what ya want but you guys make it sound like I was brand bashing... no I have my opinion you have yours.
    Just by titling your post the way you did, shows you to be a "brand basher".
    If you can't back the brand you sell, then don't sell it. If you sell a certain brand furnace, its your responsibility to learn all the specifics about that brand and its warranty coverages. When an HO asks you a question about a furnaces warranty, you don't make yourself look good by having to tell them that you'll have to call somebody and find out.If you can't be confident in selling what you sell move on to another brand.
    As you have stated, the problem was not due to the furnace, it was due to an improper install. Fix what caused the problem and move on.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Would anyone else here rate a Nordyne condensing furnace over a Goodman condensing furnace? I really am just asking for opinions on this. I find it difficult to believe there is much out there that is a better value then the Goodman condensing furnaces.
    When you ask,we rate them all the same exactly.LOL!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast