Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ok fellers GMPN080-4
    this has lifetime heat exchanger warranty don't it?
    3rd one this week with a broken heat exchanger.

oh serial number 0087623988 2000 model

Check the air flow.
    If it doesn't get enough air flow, ANY heat exchanger will fail...

What was the delta T?

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

ehhhh scuse me, raisin my hand... I believe the question was, this has the lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger or not? No offense... but I just can't seem to find the warranty in the Goodman dealer toolkit. Thanks

Originally posted by airconman
    Don't you think it would be a good idea to post a valid serial number if you want people to believe you?

ehhhh scuse me, raisin my hand... I believe the question was, this has the lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger or not? No offense... but I just can't seem to find the warranty in the Goodman dealer toolkit. Thanks
    Am I the only one that is gettng tired of trying to help someone, only to have a smart a$$ reply? Here CEHS is trying to help determine what may cause this problem, being helpful, but airconman doesn't seem to be concerned what may cause the problem, just if it has a warrenty. Find a goodman dealer and they will be able to tell you about the warranty.
    All Seasons Heating & Cooling

Hell he isnt interested in doing anything but bashing Goodman. Just like a few others Mission in life in here. All you have to do is type Goodman in any post and they are attracted like flies. Hummmmmm where is Nash, must be sick or caught up in trafic.

Originally posted by dec
    Hell he isnt interested in doing anything but bashing Goodman.
    That was my thoughts exactly. I havent seen any new Goodmans lately til this afternoon. A buddy of mine which is a plumber went to a supply house & bought him a 90 plus Goodman. Pissed me off cuz they sold it to him & he doesnt have a clue how to put it in. I went over to take measurements for a transition & return plenum. I gotta say that was 1 fine looking unit. I'd just as soon have that 90 plus Goodman than any other unit out there. & for the price he got it for, I'd prefer it. Got me thinking seriously about offering a 90 plus Goodman on my estimates.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

what differance does it make. if the unit is a 2000 model even if the heat exchanger is ten years it is covered. life time or not. i would think what caused the heat exchanger to fail is more important then warrenti. the fact you have 3 in one week with the same problem seems to me someone should be looking for better installers or designers. this does not sound like a manufactor defect. sounds more like an install defect

if im not mistaking isnt there supposed to be a limit switch to prevent that from happening if the unit is not getting enough return and heats up

Originally posted by madeinusa
    Don't you think it would be a good idea to post a valid serial number if you want people to believe you?
    Good catch, but I have a feeling the poster just misread the third number. Serial number 0007623988 is a good number for a GMPN080-4 furnace.

If I had three of the same issues with the same type of furnace in one week, I'd be a bit perturbed as well.

I believe this is a twenty year warrantied heat exchanger, but that hardly matters since they are less then 5 years old.

Two major factors kill these heat exchangers;

* dirty secondary heat exchanger causing overheating from air flow issues.

* improperly installed LP kits.

Improper venting and improper condensate drain runs to the trap assembly are the other causes for this heat exchanger to fail prematurely.

This particular heat exchanger in this particular model is not known to have premature failures when installed properly and maintained properly.

That heat exchanger is not difficult to replace. I would highly recommend a thorough inspection of the secondary heat exchanger, condensate tube/trap assembly installation and vent piping.

[Edited by RoBoTeq on 10-31-2005 at 11:33 PM]
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by coolcray3
    if im not mistaking isnt there supposed to be a limit switch to prevent that from happening if the unit is not getting enough return and heats up

theres also a rev limiter on your car to keep the engine from blowing up. but i can guarantee you that if you hit the rev limiter every time you accellerate your car won't last as long as someone who drives normally.

yea but it should lock out so you can fix the problem before it cracks the heat exchanger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast