Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You need to call your technician back out to perfrom and check these critical measurements. We can not give step by step instructions such as adjusting heat rise on this site.

I was not asking for step-by-step instructions for adjusting heat rise. I have already called my installer, and he is coming out to investigate and adjust the settings. I am just interested in conceptually how you go about setting the blower speed.

Yes,you have the basic idea of it...the rest of the info (specifications) are published by the manufacturer,and should be available.

I know you say its in the furnace but it sounds like a noise you get when return grills are undersized. Try taking the return grills off and see if it goes away. It would seem to me that any problem with the blower wheel would be obvious at start up.

does the unit have a central return grille. i have seen many cases where the grille humms and sounds like it is coming from the blower. if this is the case changing the angle of the finns may help. this may sound strange to you but it is not uncommon to think this noise is in the blower because of echoing in the duct

Noise

Check the vent and flue, sounds like it could be restricted. Has it been cleaned?

I have heard of this problem occurring with many different manufacturers. You should NOT have noise like that at any speed. Blower wheels are not made like they used to be and subsequently they can literally "vibrate" apart because they have a resonant frequency too close to the torsional resonance of the motor itself. Solutions include moving the motor shaft axially to alleviate the resonance or sadly replacing the wheel. It is important to note that if there is extremely high static pressure that it can cause resonance regardless of motor position and must be addressed. Paste the address below into your browser to read more about this problem and how it is remedied.

http://www.sandvmag.com/downloads/0105zeng.pdf

Noise

Just had the same thing happing and found several brick blocking the exhaust flue. Unit was working to hard and making lots of funny sounds. At first thought it was the motor or fan but that all checked out.

geez ,cool runnings

Originally posted by coolrunnings
    Solutions include moving the motor shaft axially to alleviate the resonance or sadly replacing the wheel. http://www.sandvmag.com/downloads/0105zeng.pdf
    I try would changing set screw to rotor length...

before trying to understand what all that was about!

but thanks anyway.

The grill resononce is one possibility. If the furnace vibrates when the blower is on (feel the furnace) the blower wheel is out of balance for some reason.
    Have the tech determine the proper heat rise @ quit playing with it yourself.
    Could be the motor too.None of us can solve this online.Your tech is coming back and you like him.Write back if he doesnt solve it,but give him the first chance.
    never say never

You might have duct size and/or configuration issues.A VS fan system is going to deliver a rated volume according to dip switch settings no matter what and sometimes that will cause some nasty noises if duct isn't right.
    Some people swear by me and some at me

Not meant to offend any one, but was the shipping bracket removed?
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12