trader joes freezer water leaks

the company i work for services many trader joes stores. and it seems like almost once a month i come across a store that has every single deck coffin freezer case in the store sweating on the bottom of the cases and then drips onto the floor under the case and then rolls onto the sales floor. the cases are mostly hill phoenix, model- onzd12/8. at first i thought that the insulation was shot on the bottom of the cases. i would install squirrel cage fan motors under the case to move some air and it would be a quick fix. but now i came across a store that is 1 1/2 years old and these cases are ALL sweating from the bottom of the cases. the cases are not iced up in any way. has anyone else come across these cases doing this and what could cause it.

knowing the temperature and humidity around the cases would help. Also make sure the cases are not running TOO cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    knowing the temperature and humidity around the cases would help. Also make sure the cases are not running TOO cold.
    Exactly.

Usually, problems with cases sweating turn out to be problems with the store's HVAC equipment.

I will have to check. I just find it odd because it is occurring underneath the bottom of the case. I've had issues in stores with the glass/frame/trim sweating due to store temp/rh but never had any issues with the bottom of the case. But you guys are right I will check it out tomorrow.

the bottom of the case is common.

the evap coil usually sits in the bottom of the case (why i said make sure case is not to cold)

plus cold air falls...so the floor is usually near the bottom of the case and pretty dang cold.

so a case running to cold with a cold floor will make the bottoms of the case well below dewpoint.

Check their stats. Usually their MDFF cases start with the humidity problems.